What do you feed your monster fish?
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

What do you feed your monster fish?

This is a discussion on What do you feed your monster fish? within the Monster FISH!! forums, part of the Freshwater Species category; I was wondering what types of food you guys feed your big fish as the most cost effective/ healthy way ...

Forum Beginner glisteningshadow's Avatar

DefaultWhat do you feed your monster fish?

I was wondering what types of food you guys feed your big fish as the most cost effective/ healthy way to fill up your bigger 12+ inch fish?

I have my 16” bluebase crossback arowana eating northfin carnivore, northfin arowana floating pellets, and frozen market prawn twice a week.
    My 4 indo and 1 ntt datnoids are on northfin carnivore daily and frozen market prawn 2x a week.

I was thinking of feeding some sort of frozen fish fillet to fill up my arowana because it only eats a few pellets per day then starts spitting them out. Or should i try hikari floating sticks? Whats your guys feeding regime?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

dcn
    Forum Newbie

Do you find that Northfin Carnivore makes your tank Stink 12hrs or so after feeding? I've got 3 FX6s running on my 250gal, and still have smelly issues after feeding northfin carnivore. No problems with hikari massivore though.

Forum Beginner glisteningshadow's Avatar

I have not had that issue with northfin carnivore. But then my tank is also densely planted and my flagtail never leaves any leftovers to rot

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Newbie

I feed all my monsters chopped tillapia Basa and sole fillets, as well as whole and chopped smelt, shrimp, kingworms, crickets and cockroaches(blabica dubia). And as far as feeding schedule I feed my grow out tanks 1-2 times a day with the occasional day off. My 240 gal and 500 gal pond i feed every second day
    Last edited by Jordan w; 11-28-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Forum Resident

Never had issues, but bichirs and ripsaw leave nothing
    need more fish and reptiles and plants