A couple Cichlid pic's
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

A couple Cichlid pic's

This is a discussion on A couple Cichlid pic's within the Old World Cichlids forums, part of the Freshwater Species category; Had the camera out yesterday to snap a pic of my male p.crabro for another forum, ended up with couple ...

DefaultA couple Cichlid pic's

Had the camera out yesterday to snap a pic of my male p.crabro for another forum, ended up with couple other shots of his tank mates while i was at it and thought share!

Kyoga flameback male (Real deal not a pet shop flameback)

metriaclima greshakei - "Ice blue red top" young male finally starting to show some real color

Current tanks ! 240g- RTG aro, Indo Dat,FRT, 2x Endli & ornate bichirs.160g- Pair of african butterflys, Fire eel, Rope fish, 3x Senegal,2x lapradei & delhezi bichirs, 160g- Breeding pair Channa Aurantimaculata,100g- channa auranti juvies, 90g- channa auranti juvies, 70g- Channa Asiatica,35g- Pair of Channa Gachua, 35g- 6x channa Bleheri, 180g- awaiting new tennents ! 135- awaiting new tennents!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Nice shots! I like that flameback!
    55 gallon in the set up process - will be apistogrammas
    Empty 65, 33, 20 gallon long waiting...
    Talla, the annoying cat

Forum Guru

That flame back looks bad ass.
    Lukasz
    135 gallon African tank
    Tropheus (red rainbow) Kasanga,Blockheads ,Gold calvus,white Calvus,Inkfin Compressiceps,Black Nangu calvus,Goldhead Compressiceps,Feather fins,Clown loaches and Petricolas.

20 gallon Grow out tank
    Calvus and Petricolas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

Nice Greshakei! Good Camera work on that shot.

thanks everyone, the flameback is an F1 need some females for him as he's getting nicer every day and his females got picked off,

the greshakei is second generation in my tank. I'm very glad he made it this far, i sold my greshakie, his father/my old breeding group were stunning fish in there own tank some of the females even had great color, but the males refused too color even when breeding in my mix tank just too much aggression for those particular fish so i sold the group.

This guy was from the last batch of fry spit into the mixed tank when i caught the breeders too sell them. He and one female somehow have managed too survived the cutthroat competition in tank(at about 1" a zebra bit his right gill clean off but it grew back), and predators thats what the vic's are for fry control ! lol

He also managed too out maneuver me and avoid the net many times, I've culled the tank 6-7 times over the last year and he and the one female have always managed too avoid capture! Now I'm very glad he did as he developed very nicely, and never drops color, looks nicer every day should be amazing when he's fully mature!
    Last edited by -DC-; 12-08-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Current tanks ! 240g- RTG aro, Indo Dat,FRT, 2x Endli & ornate bichirs.160g- Pair of african butterflys, Fire eel, Rope fish, 3x Senegal,2x lapradei & delhezi bichirs, 160g- Breeding pair Channa Aurantimaculata,100g- channa auranti juvies, 90g- channa auranti juvies, 70g- Channa Asiatica,35g- Pair of Channa Gachua, 35g- 6x channa Bleheri, 180g- awaiting new tennents ! 135- awaiting new tennents!