L. hecqui spawning help - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

L. hecqui spawning help

This is a discussion on L. hecqui spawning help within the Old World Cichlids forums, part of the Freshwater Species category; I think I'm on the right page now. Two of the dominant L. hecqui males are finally letting other fish ...

Forum Novice

I think I'm on the right page now.

Two of the dominant L. hecqui males are finally letting other fish (females??) into their territories. One has a PVC shell it's guarding pretty fiercely, too. Fingers crossed!

Also have some action in my multi tank. Have been siphoning out around 30 fungus-covered eggs a day from tank corners for the last couple days. Shouldn't be long to see some fry in this tank, either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Hi joeyk, thanks for the update. Hope you get some fry soon. My Brevis are showing signs of breeding as well... so fingers crossed.

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Koi View Post
    Hi joeyk, thanks for the update. Hope you get some fry soon. My Brevis are showing signs of breeding as well... so fingers crossed.
    Would love to see some dry from my brevis. Next project! Haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

Another update, it's been a while.

Down to 11 hecqui. Lost three to an inadequate tank cover that I hope I've remedied. Currently feeding Northfin cichlid, veggie, and krill, as well as frozen brineshrimp and bloodworms. No fry yet. Thinking about moving these guys into a 40 breeder and moving on some P. saulosi that are currently in the 40.

I guess the multis have finally settled in. I spotted a few very small fry in the multi tank last night and again this morning. Hoping I'll see at least a few more from this spawn in the coming days. That being said, usually when multis start, they don't stop! I'm debating whether to separate the fry into a breeder box, or just let the colony develop naturally. Currently feeding Northfin cichlid, veggie, and krill.

Recently converted my failed tanganyikan community tank into a planted tank. As such, I'll be posting some petricolas up in the classifieds shortly. I'm hoping to use the tank they're in now to breed some N. brevis.

On a less African note, the A. caucatoides in my growout tank are starting to show some adult colouring. Also, starting to see some action in my A. panduro tank. One of the females has really coloured up, and built up the substrate around one of the caves. Fingers crossed!

Forum Novice

Suspicions confirmed. Topped up the tank this morning and spotted around 3x the number of fry that I did the other night. Here's a photo of the tank and a closeup of the shell bed that's full of fry, in case anyone is interested in my setup
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2