I wanted to post this for information and as way to say thanks to numerous VAHS & BC Aq members that have been helpful and generous in the support of my first Tanganyikan tank project. If you are ever wondering why it's great to be a club member and active on this forum, this project was a clear example.
After keeping a number of Malawi species and having some breeding success over the years when a friend's nephew gave me a 60 G (190 L) Fluval Venezia tank a few months ago I figured it was an opportunity to explore another Rift Lake through it's fish species.
Here are pictures of 3 stages development:
The last pictures are a group of full size Neolamprologus tretocephalus (5 Bar Cichlids) thanks to a BC Aq member. There are also a breeding group of Synodontis Petricolas ... if I am going to add another species I would have to split up the group of 5 Bars.
Filtration & Circulation
- Fluval 406 (Biohome & Hydroton media)
- Rena Filstar L (Biohome & Hydroton media)
- SeaChem 75 (Biohome & Hydroton media)
- Poret Foam corner Hamber Matten Filter with 2 Swiss Tropical Jet lifters + Marineland Maxi Jet 600 submersible pump
- 2 Eheim air flow stones
- Hydor 650 circulation pump