Water Change
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Water Change

This is a discussion on Water Change within the Old World Cichlids forums, part of the Freshwater Species category; Hi does any one perform water changes straight from tap with the python set up and conditioner for the Cyprichromis ...

Forum Newbie

Default Water Change

Hi does any one perform water changes straight from tap with the python set up and conditioner for the Cyprichromis fish .
    Thanks Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I only do water changes for all my Africans with buffered water ... way less shock when I do that and better breeding success too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

Forum Newbie

I do but my water is alkaline ph 8.8 and hard. I still add some Seachem salts and trace elements.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

In that case I think the trace elements in the salts maybe all you need and dechlorinator if your water is chlorinated.

You should the hardness though I run my tanks about 250 TDS ...

Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.