Shallow Water Tropical Fish Store - Chilliwack, BC : REVIEW - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Shallow Water Tropical Fish Store - Chilliwack, BC : REVIEW

This is a discussion on Shallow Water Tropical Fish Store - Chilliwack, BC : REVIEW within the Other Websites forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; i know the thread is old but reading all the negative comments about this store and how there is no ...

Forum Beginner

i know the thread is old but reading all the negative comments about this store and how there is no guarantee on the fish and how he should refund. for one hes not a corporate buisness so that one fish that you bought died he should give u a refund and be out the money? like you said all his other fish that were in that tank didnt died so how is that his problem. ive been buying fish from him for over 2 years and ive yet to have a problem. his prices are responable and he will also order fish in for you which living in chilliwack where the selecrion is shit is a awesome perk. As far as attitude goes, if i had someone nagging at me about a 5$ fish that died i would hang the phone up too like he said no refunds.
    rocomo1ca likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Well, I breed the odd shrimp and fish. I haven't bred much of anything in the past few years, and even I guarantee my livestock. It's a really bad business model not to, even if you're selling to inexperienced fish keepers. I bought a few fish from there and the quality was not any better than any chain store I've been to in the lower mainland. I wasn't in there long ago, and mostly everything was empty. Not sure how they stay open.
    As for the owners, I don't like being eyeballed. I get that every time I go in.
    That being said, I think I've met every person here in this thread that has had a negative experience, and there's no reason I wouldn't believe them.
    poiuy704 likes this.

Forum Novice

Re: " . . As far as attitude goes, if i had someone nagging at me about a 5$ fish that died i would hang the phone up too like he said no refunds."

Cichlid1990: Please read my Review MORE carefully. He did not mention the NO REFUND policy at the time I purchased the fish. It was only mentioned on the phone when I noticed the fish was struggling (and, later, died). His defense was that "I should have asked" about his return/refund policies. Personally, I feel it is the Seller's responsibility to let the Buyer know what his/her return policies are. OTHER Sellers I have dealt with are completely upfront about such things without me having to ask, so that is the business model from which I am working.
    Last edited by Mick2016; 11-14-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: grammar correction

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Snooper

Hey Mick, what type of fish, and what exactly did it die from?
    I'm just always a skeptic, when people have a tank full of fish to choose from and then theirs die, while there's still a tank full at the fish store. Did they choose a clearly sick fish? Thanks

Forum Guru

It can happen if their parameters are way different and they buffer up then ph way lower at home . Ph shock or they just came from a wholesaler who buffers up to ph 8. Then onto store. Then onto new owner . Within a week from Asia to los angelos to Vancouver to chilliwack to new owner .
    Anaynow thos is an old thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Novice

Re: " . . . Anaynow thos is an old thread."

---------------------------------------------------------

True. However, the shop is still operated by the same owners (as far as I know). So the information from my experience in this thread is still relevant UNLESS there has been a change in management or store policies (of which I am not aware).
    Last edited by Mick2016; 11-23-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    poiuy704 likes this.

Forum Novice

Fireweed:

As per my original post in June 2016 . . .

-----------------

" . . . Consequently, I feel the dead fish was due to either weak/inferior stock or improper handling at the store . . . "

P.S. The owner/manager selected the fishes from the tanks for me. This is my usual practice with any retailer unless a fish with a unique marking or colour catches my eye. In such cases, I request that the specific fish be scooped out. :0)
    Last edited by Mick2016; 11-23-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by fireweed View Post
    Hey Mick, what type of fish, and what exactly did it die from?
    I'm just always a skeptic, when people have a tank full of fish to choose from and then theirs die, while there's still a tank full at the fish store. Did they choose a clearly sick fish? Thanks
    So you're assuming he bought a sick fish just so he could leave a bad review on this forum? It's a conspiracy now

Forum Snooper

Unsure how you arrived at that assumption.
    I asked what type of fish (some are sensitive and prone to stress diseases or bad water). No answer. What exactly was the cause of death? No answer. and was there any treatments to the sick fish that survive 2 weeks? Any water testing done? None of this seems to have been included. I will assume there is more to the story.
    I have a small business and will do anything it takes to keep a client happy. But if there's disrespect in any way- forget it. When 95% of a businesses headaches come from 5% of the client base.... I cull the client.

Forum Snooper

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    Well, I breed the odd shrimp and fish. I haven't bred much of anything in the past few years, and even I guarantee my livestock. It's a really bad business model not to, even if you're selling to inexperienced fish keepers. I bought a few fish from there and the quality was not any better than any chain store I've been to in the lower mainland. I wasn't in there long ago, and mostly everything was empty. Not sure how they stay open.
    As for the owners, I don't like being eyeballed. I get that every time I go in.
    That being said, I think I've met every person here in this thread that has had a negative experience, and there's no reason I wouldn't believe them.
    It's easier to guarantee stock including to inexperienced fish keepers when you are a hobbiest and have a "real job" that actually pays the bills. When you have expensive rent for a storefront, expensive electricity bills, insurance, WCB and payroll remittance etc etc, there is no harm in asking the client to at least bring in a sample of water to ensure the client is doing their part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast