Pond devastation - free plants
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Pond devastation - free plants

This is a discussion on Pond devastation - free plants within the Outdoor Ponds forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; My pond was ransacked by some predator ( I think mink because the scene of the "crime" suggests the predator ...

Forum Snooper

Default Pond devastation - free plants

My pond was ransacked by some predator ( I think mink because the scene of the "crime" suggests the predator went on a killing frenzy, leaving many uneaten corpses behind: there was an small opening that allowed it to sneak in) and only have a few fish left. I'm thinking that it used the plant pots as a stepping stone or something to get to the fish so I'm getting rid of all of my plants except for a few (the pond water was drained significantly because the pipe leading to the filter was pulled right out which allowed the pots to be used by the predator i think)

I have around 4-5 pots of water lilies , a big bush of yellow water iris and bog bean with purple water iris if anyone is interested. Please pm me and have a number for quick contact. Preference for any body that can take them all. More preference for those who have fish medication to trade (want to be prepared for next time which i hope never happens but just in case). More more preference if you have some fish to trade. babies are fine, any from 1inch and up is fine. just want to get the pond started up again with some fish.

Information about the fish wound as posted in hospital section:
    My pond just ransacked by some predator and while more than half of the fish were eaten, there were a few left that are wounded. Does anyone have any suggestion for what to do? I set up an inside "hospital" tank where I salted the water (1tablespoon per 5 gallon) in hope to help the fish a bit but besides this, I'm not sure what else to do. Most the fish left have damage to their scale with many being scratched/clawed off and leaving the body red in color. Some of them have the scale problem as well as having their mouth ripped off like the ones in picture 1 and 2.
    IMG_4430.JPGIMG_4428.JPGIMG_4427.JPGIMG_4426.jpg
    Last edited by vant; 10-18-2016 at 12:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Awww those poor fish! I'm so sorry for your loss. Salt will definitely help heal some wounds but I'm not sure what to say about the ones with no mouths

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Forum Snooper

well, only 2 5 inch koi fish are left and that's because they weren't greatly injured. guess i basically no longer have a koi pond, just a pond

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Your pond was always so nice whenever I was there.
    need more fish and reptiles and plants

Forum Snooper

all plants gone to gklaw