Aquascaping Competition - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Aquascaping Competition

This is a discussion on Aquascaping Competition within the Planted Tank Specific forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Originally Posted by Olive Is there an update on the competition? It's interesting you posted that. I was going to ...

Forum Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    Is there an update on the competition?
    It's interesting you posted that. I was going to post an update today. So here it is...

The entire competition will be pushed back later this year with the live finals to be on October 22. This was mostly due to the original venue had liability concerns over water. They asked if I could run the event without water, but that kind of defeats the purpose of aquariums. So, we have secured a new venue, and the plans seem to be expanding a bit to make it a much better event. Having it later in the year will also simply allow those who would like to compete more time.

The final piece of our puzzle is that we are working hard to secure one of our associated aquascapers to come to Vancouver to offer seminars. So, save the date.
    CRS Fan, Ashleigh, The Guy and 3 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a fun time filled with lots of great tips as well I'm sure. Will water chemistry in planted tanks be covered as well? Maybe someone who's really up on this could do a little seminar on all the important things to test water for. Look forward to being there October 22.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Forum Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
    Sounds like a fun time filled with lots of great tips as well I'm sure. Will water chemistry in planted tanks be covered as well? Maybe someone who's really up on this could do a little seminar on all the important things to test water for. Look forward to being there October 22.
    The aquascaper, whoever it may be, will be flown in so we will hold them hostage so you can ask questions, even if they are specifically covered by a seminar.
    The Guy likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

how does one apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropica North America View Post
    It's interesting you posted that. I was going to post an update today. So here it is...

The entire competition will be pushed back later this year with the live finals to be on October 22. This was mostly due to the original venue had liability concerns over water. They asked if I could run the event without water, but that kind of defeats the purpose of aquariums. So, we have secured a new venue, and the plans seem to be expanding a bit to make it a much better event. Having it later in the year will also simply allow those who would like to compete more time.

The final piece of our puzzle is that we are working hard to secure one of our associated aquascapers to come to Vancouver to offer seminars. So, save the date.
    "Will there be water?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2