Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

This is a discussion on location within the Problems/Complaints/Suggestions forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; would it be possible to make it mandatory for a person to have their location posted on their posts. It ...

Defaultlocation

would it be possible to make it mandatory for a person to have their location posted on their posts. It seems like lots of newer members don't have it and most of the replies to the posts for selling items are asking for location.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum God

I agree. I was considering posting the same thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by poiuy704 View Post
    would it be possible to make it mandatory for a person to have their location posted on their posts. It seems like lots of newer members don't have it and most of the replies to the posts for selling items are asking for location.
    I'm not sure why new members have not got their location shown, another unknown change I suppose, Maybe Anthony knows and will chime in when he sees this. I just sent the question to Yungster the forum administrator and brought it to his attention
    Last edited by The Guy; 02-11-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    mikebike likes this.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Unfortunately, we can't. Speaking from a technical side, I don't have a method to do so. We changed the registration system awhile ago, to make it more stable and easier, but the trade off was that we couldn't have mandatory fields anymore.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Yungster View Post
    Unfortunately, we can't. Speaking from a technical side, I don't have a method to do so. We changed the registration system awhile ago, to make it more stable and easier, but the trade off was that we couldn't have mandatory fields anymore.

Kevin
    I asked the question of administration and this was their answer, I don't agree with it but it is what it is
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Forum God

Other sites seem to manage it. Not sure why BCAquaria can't.

ive been saying this on posts for years. makes things a lot easier especially for anyone outside the Vancouver area
    500 gallon plywood tank
    230 motor stingray breeding tank. led lighting, dual sump sump,and drip system
    150 gallon saltwater mixed reef.
    150 gallon African cichlid
    90 gallon fahaka puffer tank
    75 gallon flowerhorn tank
    55 gallon axolotle tank
    loads of guppies and shrimp tanks

I'm at the point where I don't even bother contacting the poster unless they have a location, most of them seem to be newbies with only a few posts and don't have the courtesy to reply to your questions. Maybe make it so you can't post a FS or LF item until you reach a minimum number of posts on the site. Hopefully by then they might realize that location is important on your posts.
    The Guy likes this.

Forum God

Quote Originally Posted by poiuy704 View Post
    I'm at the point where I don't even bother contacting the poster unless they have a location, most of them seem to be newbies with only a few posts and don't have the courtesy to reply to your questions. Maybe make it so you can't post a FS or LF item until you reach a minimum number of posts on the site. Hopefully by then they might realize that location is important on your posts.
    Considering the low number of participants in the forum, it would be a bad idea to discourage people from posting. If they can't fix it, it's probably just a problem we have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Considering the low number of participants in the forum, it would be a bad idea to discourage people from posting. If they can't fix it, it's probably just a problem we have to live with.
    Our site has dwindled in the membership area over the last few years, that's for sure.
    Last edited by The Guy; 03-01-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast