Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread within the Problems/Complaints/Suggestions forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; Thread Title: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the ...

Default Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Thread Title: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

I cannot seem to log in on the new mobile version. Also will the live chat still be available on the site if on mobile?

This is on a HTC M8, with Chrome explore

The full site on mobile browser worked very well, even if not fully optimized for mobile use. Using the site on my mobile was just the same as using it on my PC, no differences, nothing stretched out or jumbled. I find the new mobile site slower, less attractive, still cannot log in and the over all experience just seems like a downgrade and barely smoother. I'm all for change but I don't really see a need to change something that worked perfectly into something much less appealing.

Even with the bugs worked out and maybe some changes to the layout I could not see myself coming here on my mobile as often. There are forum apps available for people that do like this type of layout. Giving us choice on our viewing and exploring experience, now the choice is gone.
    Last edited by Reptiles&Fish; 09-30-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungster View Post

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!
    Wasn't easy to find that option without reading this here it just goes to show the non user friendlyness

Tried it don't like it, not smooth or easy to navigate. I prefer to use the web browser then the normal bca webpage NOTE this is all on iphone

Please don't make that new garbage the only layout here that would be a pitty.
    Reptiles&Fish and mrbob like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

cant say im a big fan of this either, especially since there is no options for the mods to do their moderating as i do alot from my phone. any chance of getting an option for viewing full site or mobile site like all the other sites have? i personally prefer to see the full site myself. seeing it in this format seems like im using tapatalk or the petguide app which im not a big fan of forum apps.

Option for mobile use or standard browsing is a must unless this is simply a migratory thing.

We'll discuss the mod issues in the private section if you'd prefer.

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks for the feedback guys. The mobile view is a work in progress and your feedback will help us improve it. If there's a specific tech issue related to the mobile view, please let me know so we can investigate it ASAP.

Forum Newbie

I don't like the new iPhone version. It's so difficult to use on my phone that I've stopped going to bca on my phone. I can't even expand the text, let alone find the legacy version. Please go back to the old version!

for whatever reason, I wasn't finding the option myself, even following the instructions mentioned. Either I didn't scroll down enough or it wasnt showing up. Then again I am also used to finding the "mobile/full site" opt at the bottom of the page as that is where most sites have it.
    Anyway if you tap the left "menu" button as shown below, you have to scroll down the "drop down menu" to the bottom and tap "exit enhanced mobile view" as shown and it will go back to the old way. Hope this helps those who like the original mobile format better.
    Also I am sure it would be appreciated to hear if anyone likes the new format ...as well

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Diztrbd1 View Post
    Thank goodness for this ^
    mrbob likes this.

Forum Novice

Haven't found a way to go to jump to unread posts in a thread, or am I missing it?
    Also finding the new layout to be much slower than the desktop version when viewed on my phone

galaxy S3 using dolphin browser
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

90g planted rainbow community tank
    my son's low cost 27g aquarium
    0.75g no tech planted shrimp tank
    more tanks to come
    1500sqft cage - a wife, 2 kids, a cat and a rabbit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast