Whats the deal with this forum now.
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Whats the deal with this forum now.

This is a discussion on Whats the deal with this forum now. within the Problems/Complaints/Suggestions forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; I've been away from the forum for several months having a break. Happy to say I'm now back to the ...

Default Whats the deal with this forum now.

I've been away from the forum for several months having a break. Happy to say I'm now back to the hobby but am disappointed to see the sad state of affairs with BC Aquaria as to declining membership, interest and the general low enthusiasm level of the site, sad to see.

What do you as a MEMBERS feel needs to happen with the site to inject a spark back into the site?

EG: I think some contests would help or whatever
    Last edited by The Guy; 01-13-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

I don't post on here anymore as I find the picture issue frustrating. Hard to sell items without pics!
    Merry Christmas to all

[QUOTE=donnac;1420684]I don't post on here anymore as I find the picture issue frustrating. Hard to sell items without pics!
    Merry Christmas to all

I use Imgur for pictures easy and free, below is a picture of the Osaka tank that April bought from me.

Last edited by The Guy; 12-23-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    mikebike likes this.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Well, as I am more into fish than computers, and actually shun most social media, what you call easy in respect to Imgur is actually a huge hurdle for me, I understand mostly mentally, but it takes a lot to wrap my mind around these issues and find the time to sit down and do it, oops, time for another water change

seriously tho, If I had a map to use something like Imgur, it would really help, Thanks for this, Brent

Quote Originally Posted by mollyb View Post
    Well, as I am more into fish than computers, and actually shun most social media, what you call easy in respect to Imgur is actually a huge hurdle for me, I understand mostly mentally, but it takes a lot to wrap my mind around these issues and find the time to sit down and do it, oops, time for another water change

seriously tho, If I had a map to use something like Imgur, it would really help, Thanks for this, Brent
    Hey Brent, check out how to use Imgur on Google, seems to be very helpful.

Forum God

I think the image issue is fixed now.
    I always thought the monthly draws (where you were entered if you made at least 10 posts that month) helped boost the site. But that came to an end when BCAquaria was sold and profits became the only priority. Not likely that will change.

Losing Canadian Aquatics was a big blow to the site, as is the lessened participation of Aprils Aquarium. They were the heart of this forum.
    CRS Fan, The Guy and JUICE like this.

It’s just not what it used to be.

Forum Guru

It has become more of a garage sale.
    A few customers come from
    Bcaquaria
    But sorry to say fb is quick and easy to post live videos and photos in lots in one in a few minutes and more responsive. Also Instagram
    Times have changed and the less
    People
    Post good info the less people pop in. I check for new posts daily or twice a day but half the time maybe one new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rjjm likes this.

Forum Resident

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
    Hey Brent, check out how to use Imgur on Google, seems to be very helpful.
    thanks Guy. May have to try it out today...

[QUOTE=aprilsaquarium;1420730]It has become more of a garage sale.
    A few customers come from
    Bcaquaria
    But sorry to say fb is quick and easy to post live videos and photos in lots in one in a few minutes and more responsive. Also Instagram
    Times have changed and the less
    People
    Post good info the less people pop in. I check for new posts daily or twice a day but half the time maybe one new one

Ya I agree April, I try and look at BCA every day but there's not much going on with the forum at all. Back when the forum was privately owned there was contests, promotions and far more input from the owners. It's pretty simple to figure out it's a business now and the family feeling is gone, the new owners should try to inject some fun back into the forum or I fear it will painfully die off. Part of running any business is customer service, other wise people avoid using that business and go elsewhere in our case that would be social media.
    toppy and mikebike like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast