Group by from livefishdirect.com
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Group by from livefishdirect.com

This is a discussion on Group by from livefishdirect.com within the Sales/Spotted/Group Buy forums, part of the Classified Section category; I am looking to do an order in the next month or so with Buy Freshwater African Cichlids at Live ...

Forum Guru

Arrow Group by from livefishdirect.com

I am looking to do an order in the next month or so with Buy Freshwater African Cichlids at Live Fish Direct: Freshwater Aquarium Fish Breeder they have a $65 dollar flat rate for shipping to Canada (I am making sure this is true no matter the size of the order). The order will be placed around the 15th of August. let me know if your interested in getting in on the order. the cost for shipping will be divided equally amongst the people in the order (regardless how many or few fish you order). Thanx for reading

Cost breakdown
    $65 shipping fee
    $10 fedex advancement fee
    $8 customs handling fee
    + exchange and HST, which isnt bad
    I called Canadian Customs and there is no customs fee other then the $8 for handling. The price for shipping of $65 is no matter the size of the order. Let me know who still would like to order, if enough people still want to order, the order will be place around the 15th of August 2010

People in Order thus far
    1. Brisch
    2. silvciv888 + friend
    Last edited by Brisch; 07-28-2010 at 09:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

beN

you got a msg !

PM'd you about the fish and amendment for shipping cost distribution. I think it should be based on total price of the fish.

a person buying 10 fish at $2 each should not be paying 10 times more shipping cost than one person buying 1 fish at $20.

Mods, could you please move this to group buy section? thanks
    75 Gallon Planted Tank: {Video}
    155 Gallon BowFront Tank:{Video}

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Snooper

so this is still moving ahead?

Forum Guru

I would definitely like it to move forward

Then I kindly suggest that you post under group buy thread with proper title? It will spark more interest. "FS:fish" doesnt say much.

Also put a link of this thread in there as well.

livefishdirect seems to have lots of awesome deals on fish. I really hope this group buy goes through successfully.

awesome. its been moved. Hopefully we get more ppl interested in this.

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Smiladon View Post
    PM'd you about the fish and amendment for shipping cost distribution. I think it should be based on total price of the fish.

a person buying 10 fish at $2 each should not be paying 10 times more shipping cost than one person buying 1 fish at $20.

Mods, could you please move this to group buy section? thanks

you see the easiest way to distribute shipping is by person. its my experience, because what if i buy one fish that costs 100$ and it takes up the tiniest bag? thats not fair. that makes that 100$ fish 150$. then if you do it by bag size... i have people say " well my 3 bags takes up less space then that one bag" the easiest way to do it is by person... it saves time and cant be any disagreement.

also about the shipping. there is a standard 55$ charge at the cargo depot, and canadian tax on the fish.

i wouldnt mind getting in on this order, depending on the date you bring it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanokid View Post
    you see the easiest way to distribute shipping is by person. its my experience, because what if i buy one fish that costs 100$ and it takes up the tiniest bag? thats not fair. that makes that 100$ fish 150$. then if you do it by bag size... i have people say " well my 3 bags takes up less space then that one bag" the easiest way to do it is by person... it saves time and cant be any disagreement.

also about the shipping. there is a standard 55$ charge at the cargo depot, and canadian tax on the fish.

i wouldnt mind getting in on this order, depending on the date you bring it in.
    I dont understand what you mean "by person" here. You stated that shipping prize based on bag size and number of bags are "not fair" and my proposal for shipping price based on total cost of livestock per person also is "not fair", I really dont understand what it means by "distribute shipping is by person" here.

Please clarify.

EDIT:
    Did you mean to say that if there are 10 people getting in on this, then the 10 would share the shipping costs equally? That is a good proposal, but it can go either way. If you buy 1 fish worth $100 and I buy 1 fish worth $10, then my total cost would be $35 (assuming $50 shipping rate) and yours would be $125. So I end up paying 250% more than my fish price compared to you paying only 25% of your fish cost as shipping. That definitely wouldn't be fair to me either.

Therefore I still stand by my initial proposal.

Edit2:
    If consensus decides on sharing price equally, then I will certainly go by it as it is much less of a hassle and everyone would know beforehand how much it would cost them.
    Last edited by Smiladon; 06-29-2010 at 07:04 PM.

for those who are wondering...I am planning to buy around 24 fish, so I am not really defending myself by my statements above. I think that the total price should be the base for the shipping cost, if everyone wants to go equal, then its probably a benefit for me

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast