British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

2 week Chaeto update - Insane growth !

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Robojam 
#1 ·
I just shot a quick video for a 2 week update on the chaeto in my sump! I'm simply amazed at how well this stuff grows.. but if your going to do it.. do it right!

#5 ·
Wow very imrrssive set up! Im running a aqueon model 2 sump with a dry pound of chaeto, and mangroves cause haha.
I use a fluval sea nano light 22w 25000k about 12 inches above the sump so i dont burn up the mangroves.

So far its worked wonders, had some growth and i have had 0 phos and 0 nitrate and i was running tap water ( we are on a very clean water well) but now ive switched to rodi just cause.

Do you have any experience with mangroves shift?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks Robojam! It sounds like your setup is working well!

I haven't tried mangroves yet..but by your comments my light may be too much for them. I have seen them at JL a few times and may pick up a pod for fun next time in down in van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Beauty! So too much light will burn them? Would almost be cool in the display but it would take a while to grow big enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is to much beat coming off the light it could wilter the leaves causing them to die and fall off. Basicly from the internet research ive done if you can feel heat eith the back of your hand at the mangroves the lights to close. I plan on moving mine up to my main tank after i get a few more corals placed 😊

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.