46 gallon Bowfront
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

46 gallon Bowfront

This is a discussion on 46 gallon Bowfront within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Well, I guess a few people called it right. It wasn't long after the cube was finished that I got ...

Default46 gallon Bowfront

Well, I guess a few people called it right. It wasn't long after the cube was finished that I got the itch to start something else. Here's a sneak preview:

So far, all inhabitants are from Canadian Aquatics, so can guess what they are. I do have some stray cherry shrimp from one of my other tanks in there, so let's see if they make it in there. This tank will eventually replace my 20 gallon as the pleco tank for Peckoltia compta when they get a bit bigger.

Thanks to April (from Francis actually) for the Manzy stump, Northwest Landscaping for the rocks, J&L for the white sand (leftovers from the cube), Daniel (target) for the tank, stand, and the Fluval 3+.

This tank will be evolving as I have plans for it as the inhabitants grow. There are currently only 6 fish it.

Stayed tuned.
    My 100 gallon square tank
    My pleco picture thread
    46 Gallon Bowfront
    ADA Cube Garden
    Saving the world from being plecoless, one at a time....
    No more sig pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Wow Gary, nice choice of tanks & it looks great. Look forward to seeing it's progress!

Wow Gary, nice choice of tanks & it looks great. Look forward to seeing it's progress!
    Thanks John. I love the tank but it's tough to photograph. I have a number of upgrades planned for this but it'll happen over time. I just wanted to get the journal going to document the evolution.
    My pleco picture thread
    46 Gallon Bowfront
    ADA Cube Garden
    No more sig pics

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Gary, it's amazing that you keep wanting to out-do yourself. I love it. But of course, it looks great & will no doubt be a super addition to your set of tanks when you get it done the way you want. More plecos of course ?
    Do you feel like sharing 'the plans' yet ?

Mr Know It all

As usual, being "finished" with one project simply means the beginning of the next project. To me, this part of the process provides me with the most fun. Good luck with this one!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    54g Rainbows and Rasboras
    100g Cube Discus Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emile View Post
    Gary, it's amazing that you keep wanting to out-do yourself. I love it. But of course, it looks great & will no doubt be a super addition to your set of tanks when you get it done the way you want. More plecos of course ?
    Do you feel like sharing 'the plans' yet ?
    Thanks Paul. Sure, it's not really a secret. This is my Peckoltia compta breeding project. I'm going to put in the ones I got from Larry on SimplyDiscus and probably add some from Davej when the time comes. There are a few other fish in there now, like an L75 growing out and 4 of these (L368).

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-r...0/DSC_3092.JPG

This tank is going to be dimly lit, unplanted, with a sand substrated, and hardscaped with rocks and wood. I will be adding some smaller stones and more wood as time goes on. The filtration and heating I have on there is just whatever I had on hand at the moment so will also change. Probably canister with an inline heater. Will likely go with a controller of some sort too.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1928 View Post
    As usual, being "finished" with one project simply means the beginning of the next project. To me, this part of the process provides me with the most fun. Good luck with this one!
    I think that's what drove me to do this one. I never really got the pleco only tank I wanted and this is going to be it. Might add some dither fish on top, but has to be small to sustain the RCS population as a cleanup crew.
    My pleco picture thread
    46 Gallon Bowfront
    ADA Cube Garden
    No more sig pics

you need another Blue eye panaque in there.

Forum Addicted

What a great start,all natural and real! Good layout so far, a few more leaves,stones or rocks, and more caves i assume are next? Did you raid my draft/sketch book ? this is very close to what i was gonna do with my next project! Keep us posted and thanks for sharing! ****runs off to draw up new plans***!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsx2 View Post
    Well, I guess a few people called it right. It wasn't long after the cube was finished that I got the itch to start something else. Here's a sneak preview:

So far, all inhabitants are from Canadian Aquatics, so can guess what they are. I do have some stray cherry shrimp from one of my other tanks in there, so let's see if they make it in there. This tank will eventually replace my 20 gallon as the pleco tank for Peckoltia compta when they get a bit bigger.

Thanks to April (from Francis actually) for the Manzy stump, Northwest Landscaping for the rocks, J&L for the white sand (leftovers from the cube), Daniel (target) for the tank, stand, and the Fluval 3+.

This tank will be evolving as I have plans for it as the inhabitants grow. There are currently only 6 fish it.

Stayed tuned.
    PLECOHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEMBER # 24
    WILD BROWN DISCUS KEEPER

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    you need another Blue eye panaque in there.
    Haha, been there done that. This tank is going to be all meat eaters except maybe a BNP or 2. Now, if you got some L264 or Leporacanthicus heterodon, then let's talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke78 View Post
    What a great start,all natural and real! Good layout so far, a few more leaves,stones or rocks, and more caves i assume are next? Did you raid my draft/sketch book ? this is very close to what i was gonna do with my next project! Keep us posted and thanks for sharing! ****runs off to draw up new plans***!
    I don't think there's going to be more rocks. The rocks are just haphazardly placed to keep the wood sunk. I'll be adding more leaves, and placing the rocks properly once the wood stays down. I'll also add more wood and sand. There will be some hidden caves in there also.

This tank is not going to get too fancy. I'm just trying to simulate a biotope without making it cosmetically perfect. I won't have a background. It won't have much substrate, but will have lots of flow and there will be all kinds of equipment visible in it. I just want it to have the right environment to breed some P. compta and maybe one other species.
    My pleco picture thread
    46 Gallon Bowfront
    ADA Cube Garden
    No more sig pics

Cool Gary, a new pleco shrimp set up!!

Did I hear you say a controller??
    I am A collector of bright corals🎏

Custom 90g starphire rimless cube reef

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast