ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou) - Page 10
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou)

This is a discussion on ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou) within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Great journal!...

Forum Novice

Great journal!
    Dou likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Dou

Thanks Mark x).

Brio35 Update: Friends have asked me how I'm liking the setup - so far, it's only okay - I still find the vertical specs difficult to work with while maintaining it's original look (while trying to stop the side effects of additional ambient light from the living room). I have managed to control most of the algae, and it's slowly filling in! I did not dose for quite some time and kind of let the algae run its course (then manually removed everything) - which seemed to do the trick. The right side I played with again, and the wabi-kusa style is slowly filling out (REAL slow). No close-up photos yet and I find the wabi-kusa side growth to be oddly slow (perhaps not strong enough light?).

I also removed one of the original lights on the left side and replaced with a weaker one. It was too strong and causing way too many algae issues. There is an original white bulb on each side along with a weaker bulb to pair. But I may have to buy another original bulb to go onto the wabikusa side to give it a kickstart.

you know, if that tank is getting you down I'll take it off your hands

Perfection is a hard state to achieve seeing as there is no definition of it and it only exists in one's own mind. If you were to ask me, not that anyone did, but you should be rather proud of that setup me thinks. I sure would be. However seeing all your tanks I know they look that way thanks to a tireless effort so best of luck!
    SeaHorse_Fanatic and Dou like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Dou

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
    you know, if that tank is getting you down I'll take it off your hands

Perfection is a hard state to achieve seeing as there is no definition of it and it only exists in one's own mind. If you were to ask me, not that anyone did, but you should be rather proud of that setup me thinks. I sure would be. However seeing all your tanks I know they look that way thanks to a tireless effort so best of luck!
    Thanks Mark... and I did think about selling it at one time, but would never get close to what I paid for it back haha. I will give it a few more months before taking it down again or redoing the right side. I'm thinking I need to block some of the holes where the water drains so that it can flood higher. My biggest hurdle is trying to increase the height of the right side or to make it look more "lush" and "full". But if I push everything higher, I need to figure out a way to always have water flowing through everything so that everything stays moist/humid (whatever I add or plant on top). I might try to increase the light power before doing anything - or perhaps duration.

one more quick thing I can't help but add is that I love that hanging on the walls are framed pictures of aquascapes. That made my day
    Dou likes this.

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Dou, I've honestly never seen a set up like your Brio35. Extremely cool. Look forward to seeing more updates in the future on all your very well thought out aquascapes.

Anthony
    rwong2k10 and Dou like this.

Dou

Do!Aqua Cube Update: Everything is growing in, falling over and it's looking like how I imagined it to be! It's pretty easy to maintain (20-30% WC once a week, top offs as necessary and 2-3 pumps of fertilizer each time). Only issue is that although my CRS/CBS are breeding, my baby survival rate isn't high like my wild CBS tank (growing past 3-4mm). Perhaps the tank just needs more time to establish... or maybe I need to feed more baby food. Hopefully the new babies that just hatched make it to adolescent stage...

Mr bighead and _noob like this.

looks so good! Someday I hope to achieve something I'm that proud of.

Dou

Default ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
    looks so good! Someday I hope to achieve something I'm that proud of.
    Thanks hah =). I'm sure you will, you just have to keep working at it.. Looking back to when I first started about 1.5 years ago there is a huge difference (look at my first 60p attempt lol) - it really is all about practice!

Gorgeous tanks Duo ...fighting the temptation haha

First fish tank in Aug 2016.. fast forward 7 months ... I now have 5 tanks lol..
    Dou likes this.
    ADA 60p planted tank with fishes no co2
    ADA 30C - my cherry shrimp tank ... learning and reading from people experiences
    Fluval Edge planted tank with fishes no co2

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast