ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou) - Page 15
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Like Tree214Likes

ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou)

This is a discussion on ADA 60P & 5G Do!Aqua Mini-M (Dou) within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Looking forward to it ... best of the season Dou. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Looking forward to it ... best of the season Dou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dou View Post
    Living Room 60P Update:
    - Tangerine tigers are flourishing! I added some aura blue tigers as well and they are still alive. Hopefully they will throw some mixed green-ish coloured babies in a few months.
    - I have some big fat otocats in here - just like the ones I saw at Sumida aquarium =D! This is by far my most successful tank.
    - Water changes once a week (30% or so)
    - Algae present on the glass walls here and there that I scrape off. I noticed that in areas where I neglect (less effort to suck up detritus) more algae forms. Suggestion: always try to suck up as much detritus as possible during water changes.
    - Photo taken with a Pixel 2 phone. Holy smokes does it take nice shots with minimal effort!

Beautiful. Can you tell me more about your tangerine tigers adventure from obtaining them to breeding to water parameters to feeding. Thx in advance

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    My Aquarium Blog: (random thoughts written down) http://rwaquariumpages.blogspot.ca/

https://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/tank-...aquarium-74226 120 planted aquarium journal on BCA

Dou

Quote Originally Posted by rwong2k10 View Post
    Beautiful. Can you tell me more about your tangerine tigers adventure from obtaining them to breeding to water parameters to feeding. Thx in advance

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    To be honest I don't really check the parameters of this tank. I only use equilibrium and make sure TDS isnt above 200. An established filter is the most important aspect of shrimpkeeping - I feel like if you have that your shrimp can adapt to your water parameters in most conditions.
    rwong2k10 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Dou

From daylight to LED lighting.

Dou

Highlight of my 2017 in a .GIF

CRS Fan, hp10BII and Ljm24 like this.

Dou

Two things I want to accomplish this year - making videos to share and getting on that IAPLC projector! Approaching this with a newcomer's mindset - that means trying over and over again until I get better and better. Step 1: Create video & add music... Next step: Create video, add music & add voice over. Oh right, the video - my taiwan bee colony has rebounded (have over 40 again + new tiny babies)! Life is great again haha (shrimpers definitely know how I feel here).

Figuring out how to add my video now... Done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGH4FwgBQ8Y
    Last edited by Dou; 01-04-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    hp10BII and barvinok like this.

Dou

It's been a long time - but I'm still around! I have some quick updates for those who are curious about how I'm doing.

- I placed #110 this year for IAPLC 2018 (ADA's aquascaping contest) - and I'm going to be on their projector! This was a goal of mine I set 2 years ago - next goal is to place within the top 100.
    - I moved! Instead of a den, I get a whole entire garage to myself - parking the car outside. You never know where life will take you, but if you keep trying you'll get to where you want to be.
    - I will be starting a small operation/nature aquarium gallery (private appointments only) from my garage and will be carrying some ADA items (basically only things I use in my tanks) and other aquascaping supplies. If you're in the Surrey area, let me know . I'll be updating my Facebook page and website when I'm ready.
    - Special thanks to jagermelifter and Baron. They helped me move so much and provided moral support when I needed it.

And of course, some preview photos

Last edited by Dou; 08-14-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    tredford8, geealexg and _noob like this.

Forum Beginner

Looks awesome! I'll have to make the trip out there from Abbotsford to check it out once it's all set up.
    Dou likes this.

Dou

It's been a long time (what feels like at least) but lots of things have changed again. My website is updated and going to leave some photos here =)

My IAPLC 2018 tank.

I also decided to share the entire process of a competition tank from beginning to end. You can follow my facebook page for more frequent updates - but here are two photos to share!

And flooded... wood leaking tannins. Upgraded to an ADA 120P.

Last edited by Dou; 11-08-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    tredford8, rwong2k10 and stan6595 like this.

Dou

And have another updated earlier than expected. Initial planting!

sNApple and rwong2k10 like this.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15