Fluval Profile 1200, breeding pair of angels, plecos and corys - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Fluval Profile 1200, breeding pair of angels, plecos and corys

This is a discussion on Fluval Profile 1200, breeding pair of angels, plecos and corys within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Your BBA is likely an indication you likely don't have the right balance of lighting and nutrients/plant in the tank. ...

Forum Novice

Your BBA is likely an indication you likely don't have the right balance of lighting and nutrients/plant in the tank. I haven't been in the hobby very long, but I've only ever done low tech planted tanks, and my general understanding is that it is very tricky to do sparsely planted tanks - the plants need enough light to do well, but if you don't have enough growth in the tank (fast growth or lots of slow growth) to starve the algae, you end up with lots of algae.
    Ocean likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Love the Fluval display tanks. In particular I love those Albino BNP Plecos in particular 🙂
    Ocean likes this.
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

Forum Snooper

4th update:

Angelfish pair has successfully laid eggs in the high flow environment which I thought would be hard for them. I heard in a video from Cory at Aquarium Co-op that when he visited where these angelfish were from in South America he was surprised that they lived in a high river/flow environment. You normally see breeding factories with little to no current.

The fry are now free-swimming. Im currently trying to hatch baby brine shrimp for them. I have been contemplating when to do another water change because I don't want to cause any harsh swings in the water chemistry. I plan to do it soon though. Hopefully, they will stay alive this time around.

20200315_164340.jpg20200314_182604 (1).jpg20200308_202353 (1).jpg20200308_202259.jpg
    Consistent water changes = Success

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Snooper
    Last edited by Ocean; 03-15-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Forum Snooper

Update after 6 months:

Angelfish have laid eggs every month but no luck in rearing them naturally. I think the best way to do it would be artificially. They have grown quite a bit and their color just keeps improving as time goes on

Plants have gone wild! Making it look like a jungle in the tank, the more the plants grow/age it adds character to it and its amazing to watch the progression. Its like watching nature in a box develop. The more the plants fill the substrate it reminds me that this hobby is a patient game. The longer things go there's beauty to it.

Unfortuanly, I have to sell everything in the tank because I am moving! I will be posting things in the buy/sell section but will be storing my tank to setup something up in the future when the timing is right.20200911_142705.jpg20200910_124022.jpg20200910_154951.jpg20200911_142719.jpg20200911_142736.jpg
    Last edited by Ocean; 09-11-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Forum Snooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2