Annual 2012 Monster Auction Nov. 17th INFO - Page 6
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Annual 2012 Monster Auction Nov. 17th INFO

This is a discussion on Annual 2012 Monster Auction Nov. 17th INFO within the Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; I wished that I would have went earlier,but I am disappointed in the fact that I bought three filters one ...

I wished that I would have went earlier,but I am disappointed in the fact that I bought three filters one that I paid 18 dollers for and both don't work the third I gave to someone who wanted it
    9 Gallon Eheim cube Bloody Marys
    6 Gallon Fluval Edge ( CRS )
    9 Gallon Eheim Cube X3 CRS
    29 Gallon Marine Biocube
    JBJ 8 Gallon Half moon Biotope ( )
    My adorable Yorki Cǎoméi (草莓)
    1 Very cute Himalayan Cat "Blueberry"

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I'm really gtlad that I Been there this time since that's my first time there !
    There wa so much fun since I had a chance to see everytone there
    However, I'm really disappoited that my god brother bought 5 Lights in total $110 and 4 of them r Not Working at all even though It marked work perefctly.

Banned

That's So Fun Meeting U there Sister Claudia !
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
    It was fun like always

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

That is not good. It is not easy to try out the light fixture when it does not come with light bulbs. You should have bid for my Hagen Glo T5 fixture 24". It is a great fixture. I bought it for over $100 and sold for $34. I could not believe it only sold for that much. But you need two bulbs to work. I did not know that it needs to work with two bulbs when I bought it. I want to save energy so I had to sell it so I can get a single bulb fixture.

By the end there was a item up for auction for a filter. The seller described the item "kind of working?" and people still bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackyTang View Post
    However, I'm really disappoited that my god brother bought 5 Lights in total $110 and 4 of them r Not Working at all even though It marked work perefctly.

Forum Resident

I am not complaining. I got a few good deals in return too. I got two heaters that sold for $45-$50 before tax in the pet stores for $9-$10 each.

Quote Originally Posted by waynet View Post
    That is not good. It is not easy to try out the light fixture when it does not come with light bulbs. You should have bid for my Hagen Glo T5 fixture 24". It is a great fixture. I bought it for over $100 and sold for $34. I could not believe it only sold for that much. But you need two bulbs to work. I did not know that it needs to work with two bulbs when I bought it. I want to save energy so I had to sell it so I can get a single bulb fixture.

By the end there was a item up for auction for a filter. The seller described the item "kind of working?" and people still bought it.

Thanks so much to everyone who organized and helped run the auction yesterday. I had a blast and really look forward to attending more in the future. There was some great deals and beautiful fish for sale, too bad I am not an angel person because holy cow there were TONS of them and large ones selling for peanuts. Early in the morning before the auction I had to drop a friend off at a school function and after the auction I had to run out the door to make it on time for work so I felt really guilty about not helping out but I will definitely do some more volunteering at the next one.

Thanks again!
    mikebike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish rookie View Post
    This is our first time at the auction and I want to say thank you to the organizer, volunteers, and the sponsors. This event has far exceeded my expectation and we had a really good time. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and things were run very smoothly and was very professionally done. I am sure there were lots of work invested behind the scene to make this such a success. Thank you very much for making such an effort to make this such a wonderful experience for all of us.
    P.S. My duaghter cannot stop talking about the ADA Mini_L tank she won since she came home. :-) ...and thanks for the books Dave.:-)
    She deserves the price. If you are going to let her setup the ada mini_L, please sure you post a joural up
    Fish rookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackyTang View Post
    Jacky, talk to the VAHS people on their forum. Or even go to VAHS.ca and email them there. If you bought 5 lights and 4 not working, they should know about it. Please don't take off the sticker as the seller member number is there so they can track who is the one selling them. Perhaps the members in VAHS.CA will be able to give you a hand there.

Is there a way for us to get in contact with sellers? I bought the pair of duplicareus corys at the auction and want to add a few more. My two are quite small and I am hoping somebody local bred them and may have more they would be willing to sell.

Auctions are normally " as is " so you pay your money and take your chances, having said that people should be a little more honest as to the working condition of things they want to get rid of. If it's not working either trash it or mark it for parts only, people that end up with junk will stop coming to our auctions if this continues.
    mikebike, Nicole and Fish rookie like this.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast