Vahs annual bbq
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VElderton

Vahs annual bbq

This is a discussion on Vahs annual bbq within the Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Annual Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society BBQ. Saturday, July,7, 2018 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm in Richmond Please RSVP TO [email protected] ...

Forum Snooper

DefaultVahs annual bbq

Annual Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society BBQ.
    Saturday, July,7, 2018 from 12:00 to 4:00 pm in Richmond

Please RSVP TO [email protected] so we can arrange food. Directions and contact info will follow with your RSVP.

All Aquarists, pond keepers, fish hobbiysts, and those married to them are welcome to attend.

Donations of 10 dollars per person to help the Society continue with events, will be accepted and appreciated.
    VAHS will be planning our annual Big Auction for November of 2018.
    Great chance to come out and meet your fellow Aquarists in the lower mainland and support the VAHS.

This years BBQ hosted by George Henderson at Woodwards Landing Park in Richmond.

Food and drinks supplied by VAHS starting at 1:00 pm
    Hamburgers, hot dogs, potatoe salad, chips, soft drinks, coffee, tea will be served.

Fish trading and swapping is welcome so touch base with folks on Facebook (VAHS- Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Societ, or BCAquaria (Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society).

If you have any questions please email [email protected]
    See you there.
    Please only RSVP if you are sure you can attend, THANK YOU.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

Just a quick reminder of our BBQ this coming Saturday, July 7th. If you haven't contacted Mike, please do so. We will be picking up the food and drink on Saturday morning and we would like to have an accurate number of how many will be attending so we have plenty of food and drink for all.
    Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday.

Forum Guru

Great day at our BBQ this afternoon. Thanks to all for attending and special shout out to Mike, Mark, Chris, and Bill for all the help with the bbq and food prep. Special thanks to George Henderson or hosting. For those of you who haven't been to George's 'hood...it is a perfect venue for this type of event, and made for a very pleasant afternoon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I was unable to attend. I hope all had fun today!

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

Forum Guru

Hi Stuart,
    Yep...think everyone had a good time. All of the "ingredients" were there....You were missed along with several other "regulars"...
    Our American friend Phil was going to attend but when he got to the border there was a massive lineup...minimum 90 mins., so he texted Dave and said he was turning around. Look forward to catching up with everyone next time..

George

I sent George a note to say thanks. I thought the turnout at the BBQ was great - a nice setting and lots of fish talk!

Looking forward to the next opportunity to get together.

If you are on this forum and not a VAHS member, the BBQ is just one more reason to join and support the hobby. Dive in the water is wonderful!
    Last edited by VElderton; 07-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    guppygeorge likes this.
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Dang, for some reason I thought it was this coming Saturday, not this past Saturday. Doh!!!

Glad everyone had a great time.

Anthony