VAHS February meeting
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

VAHS February meeting

This is a discussion on VAHS February meeting within the Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Our February meeting will be WEDNESDAY, FEB. 10TH, at 7:00 p.m at the BONSOR RECREATIONAL COMPLEX, 6550 BONSOR AVE., BURNABY. ...

Forum Snooper

Default VAHS February meeting

Our February meeting will be WEDNESDAY, FEB. 10TH, at 7:00 p.m at the BONSOR RECREATIONAL COMPLEX, 6550 BONSOR AVE., BURNABY. As discussed at our December meeting, we will be discussing our "future"......ie. what direction we will be going and who will be willing to help out to accomplish our future plans/goals. As usual we will have a mini auction at the conclusion of the meeting so we welcome any plants, livestock, or equipment. All visitors welcome.
    Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society

Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month except for July, August and November.
    We meet at 7:00. Free parking.

Come join us and see what it's all about http://www.vahs.ca/

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

It will be nice to see everyone again and catch up to see how all are doing "aquaria wise". I won't be bringing much for the auction as I don't have much available at the moment....I have lots of calicos and super reds but they are still pretty small at the moment . I will bring a few of the green dragons. I have sold quite a few but I still have a few in the 2-2 1/2" range....they are really nice plecos I'm looking for a few small plants for a couple of nano tanks that I am setting up.
    So......what is anyone else bringing....or looking for ???

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by guppygeorge View Post
    It will be nice to see everyone again and catch up to see how all are doing "aquaria wise". I won't be bringing much for the auction as I don't have much available at the moment....I have lots of calicos and super reds but they are still pretty small at the moment . I will bring a few of the green dragons. I have sold quite a few but I still have a few in the 2-2 1/2" range....they are really nice plecos I'm looking for a few small plants for a couple of nano tanks that I am setting up.
    So......what is anyone else bringing....or looking for ???

I have a couple of small pieces of driftwood with Java Fern plus some loose Java Fern to bring to the meeting. Looking forward to meeting up with members again in the new year.

AquaAddict
    guppygeorge likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

"....small pieces of driftwood with Java Fern" sounds good....I'm also in the market for any nano fish, or any other small plants for nano tanks.....I would welcome any small rasboras :-)
    Last edited by guppygeorge; 02-07-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Forum Guru

For anyone interested in getting some top quality killifish, I have heard "rumours" that there may be a few nice killies brought to the meeting Wednesday night

Forum Beginner

Hi, is there an approximate event schedule available? Would I just be able to attend the auction to buy needed supplies? Thanks.

Forum Snooper

Quote Originally Posted by arowana_keeper View Post
    Hi, is there an approximate event schedule available? Would I just be able to attend the auction to buy needed supplies? Thanks.
    Your term "an approximate event schedule" is very applicable at this time as we are currently in a period of transition. Therefore this meeting will not follow the "normal" format. I will give you my best guess as to how our evening will go.
    ----7:00 p.m....room open......a time for "small talk"...general conversation...probably 20-30 minutes
    ----7:00p.m.(approx) our chairman will open the meeting and open the floor, and give everyone (members and guests) a chance to ask Bart (a long standing knowledgeable member) any aquaria related questions or concerns . As well as Bart responding, anyone else present may offer opinions/possible solutions, etc.
    ----after this period we will go into a discussion as to the future direction of our club. We welcome and ideas/suggestions from all members and guests.
    ----after this discussion period we will have an auction.....open to ALL....members and guests. There you will be able to bid on any and all items...livestock, plants, food or "needed supplies". Thanks for your interest...look forward to seeing you Wednesday evening
    Last edited by VAHS; 02-09-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society

Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month except for July, August and November.
    We meet at 7:00. Free parking.

Come join us and see what it's all about http://www.vahs.ca/

Forum God

Whereis the meeting?

Default VAHS February meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Morainy View Post
    Whereis the meeting?
    These are the details Maureen:

WEDNESDAY FEB. 10TH at 7:00 PM
    BONSOR RECREATIONAL COMPLEX 6550 BONSOR AVE.
    BURNABY

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

We'll be coming after all (myself and my two girls) as far as I know.
    guppygeorge likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast