Farmer in the city - chicken supplies Vancouver - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Farmer in the city - chicken supplies Vancouver

This is a discussion on Farmer in the city - chicken supplies Vancouver within the Yellowpages forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Ahhh ever since they allowed backyard chickens in Vancouver I've wanted one so bad I really want a bantam chicken! ...

Forum Beginner

Ahhh ever since they allowed backyard chickens in Vancouver I've wanted one so bad I really want a bantam chicken! Or a few button quails!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

DefaultUrbane Chickens

Quote Originally Posted by Wisperian View Post
    Ahhh ever since they allowed backyard chickens in Vancouver I've wanted one so bad I really want a bantam chicken! Or a few button quails!
    So you get this unused camper and make a "chicken tractor" out of it, and you'll never mow your lawn again. (you move it every few days). And if you don't want to overwinter just get a dozen broiler chickens about eight weeks before BBQ season starts and.............
    Egg wise we had Rhode Island Reds out in the valley that were laying really well at the age of eight years. They're also "trainable" and easy to catch. Stay away from egg layers like white leghorns.......too flaky........and no meat on them anyway.
    Bantams are born lookouts and great brooders. But you're not allowed a rooster in town. Six or seven good dual purpose means three dozen eggs a week, and those eggs are so big they DON'T FIT into egg cartons, so it's really like five dozen eggs a week.
    TAKE THAT, SAFEWAY!

Mr Know It all
    4097 Hastings st. Burnaby bc Aprils aquarium

Ours were Rhodes island x. They were easy to catch and even sat when we said sit! Lol. Well if we raised our hand and pointed down...they would squat and then pick them up. My daughters chickens. We even got their portraits done. Their pics on my blog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2