FIXED: Kitchen Sink Clogged Badly! Need help URGENT - Page 3
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

FIXED: Kitchen Sink Clogged Badly! Need help URGENT

This is a discussion on FIXED: Kitchen Sink Clogged Badly! Need help URGENT within the Yellowpages forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Originally Posted by Smiladon I understand that, but I dont want to risk it. Last time I got them to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiladon View Post
    I understand that, but I dont want to risk it.
    Last time I got them to repair the lock in the main door. The repair person replaced the bolt ($5 worth at most) and he sent invoice to management, they turned around and billed me for it with interest.... it was $170+

I'd rather pay a fair amount out of my pocket instead of getting charged absurd amount of money from the management. If they put the bill on me, what am I going to do? Sue them? ... its not worth the pain.
    Well if you're talking about the lock on the door to your unit that is your responsibility, if you're talking entry to the building that is theirs, in this scenario with your plumbing, consider the ptrap your unit door and the entry to the building the pipe in the wall.

Lock smiths aren't cheap to begin with with some emergency rates being upwards of $80 a hour with minimum 2 hours =)
    Help me clear out some of my excess stuff!
    FS: Variety of items, sump, co2 accessories, food, medication ect

Old Freshwater Planted thread
    180 Gallon Planted/Community

New SW Tank thread
    180g Salt Water... Reef? FOWLR? Who knows!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kacairns View Post
    Well if you're talking about the lock on the door to your unit that is your responsibility, if you're talking entry to the building that is theirs, in this scenario with your plumbing, consider the ptrap your unit door and the entry to the building the pipe in the wall.

Lock smiths aren't cheap to begin with with some emergency rates being upwards of $80 a hour with minimum 2 hours =)
    I agree, it's not your problem. You said you don't want to risk it? What's to risk, you've already paid for the plumber to fix it, you can be reimbursed by them for what you paid for the plumber as long as you have a receipt. They can't charge you any more for anything, either they will reimburse you or they won't, what's the harm in trying? Everybody on this thread says its stupid not to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Master wilkins View Post
    I agree, it's not your problem. You said you don't want to risk it? What's to risk, you've already paid for the plumber to fix it, you can be reimbursed by them for what you paid for the plumber as long as you have a receipt. They can't charge you any more for anything, either they will reimburse you or they won't, what's the harm in trying? Everybody on this thread says its stupid not to try.
    This I agree with. I will try this out.
    Highly unlikely that they will reimburse me (I've lived here for 6 years, I know how they are), but no harm in trying.
    75 Gallon Planted Tank: {Video}
    155 Gallon BowFront Tank:{Video}

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Mr Know It all

If the clog is in a pipe that is common, you would have a backup already which would have caused far more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gklaw View Post
    If the clog is in a pipe that is common, you would have a backup already which would have caused far more damage.
    Not true. It doesn't matter anyways as its been fixed and he paid out of pocket to fix someone else problem by the sounds of it.
    Help me clear out some of my excess stuff!
    FS: Variety of items, sump, co2 accessories, food, medication ect

Old Freshwater Planted thread
    180 Gallon Planted/Community

New SW Tank thread
    180g Salt Water... Reef? FOWLR? Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by gklaw View Post
    From what research I did over the past few days, this is correct. If the pipe clog is common, it would affect multiple people and if I was one of the affected, I would have seen water coming out of my sink when it wasnt being used. The reason for that is if someone was using their sink upstairs, then the water would go down the common drain, which if plugged would backlog the water and eventually come out of our sink.

Quote Originally Posted by kacairns View Post
    Not true. It doesn't matter anyways as its been fixed and he paid out of pocket to fix someone else problem by the sounds of it.
    End of the day, I made a decision that I believe works for me and I am personally happy with the outcome. Thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by Smiladon; 06-29-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    75 Gallon Planted Tank: {Video}
    155 Gallon BowFront Tank:{Video}

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3