LF: Mounting/Balancing Tires - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LF: Mounting/Balancing Tires

This is a discussion on LF: Mounting/Balancing Tires within the Yellowpages forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; now you got me thinking, when i get off work a few mins...im gonna make sure my lugnuts are on ...

Forum Resident

now you got me thinking, when i get off work a few mins...im gonna make sure my lugnuts are on tight enough. lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Checked them when i got out and found two lugnuts needed tightening. Youd think theyd make sure stuff was on tight. Thx for posting up and warning me!

Mr Know It all

!!!!! What ? I would complaint big time ! What if my wife and kids got in an accident because of that ?

KAL has a clause to tell you to bring the tires back to re-torque after 100kM. Pretty sure Canadians Tires has the same fine prints. In general, I won't feel good having a department store service my vehicles - I don't buy grocery at my car dealer.

That's one of the reason I keep complete set to do change over myself. Save time, $ and surprises. The time it take to drives to the shop and back, I am done and enjoying my coffee.

You can get compressor impact gun and jack for less than $200 these days.

I believe even the apprentice at KAL damaged my car by jacking at the wrong place. Did not catch them on the act but they were the only one who ever jacked my car up beside the dealers.

Watch for torque wrench on sale at Princes Auto $20 - $30. KMS regularly have reconditioned impact gun cheap. Bought one 20 years ago for $25 - still going strong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

A great place to get tire work done is Willowbrook Tire next to the Kia place @ the langley bypass & Fraser hwy, good guys!

Mr Know It all

If you are ever on the market for a new set, I've crossed the border and got them at Discount Tire. Install and drive home! Their prices are close to Tire Rack and no shipping fees as well. I've done it a few times now and its been a good experience so far. Prices locally can't even come close. When I ask locals to match, they typically just decline. Volco Tires used to come close, but they seem to have drifted up in prices. I think Costco has put a lot of pressure on the local shops. Not sure if they even care to compete any more.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    54g Rainbows and Rasboras
    100g Cube Discus Playground

Forum Resident

two words, everybody - Abbsry Tires. The one in Fleetwood gave me great deals and service more than once. Be proactive with them and you won't be sorry!!
    Just one lonely little Fluval Chi that doesn't even have water in it right now *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by gklaw View Post

Check out Sorat Wheels & Tires in N. Vanc. Have not used them yet myself but quoted prices are awesome. Don't mind hearing feedback from people who might have used them.
    I deal with the guys at Sorat. They're good and hoenst. Sometimes forgetful because they're busy but pricing and service is top notch.

Forum Snooper

Quote Originally Posted by gklaw View Post
    !!!!! What ? I would complaint big time ! What if my wife and kids got in an accident because of that ?

KAL has a clause to tell you to bring the tires back to re-torque after 100kM. Pretty sure Canadians Tires has the same fine prints. In general, I won't feel good having a department store service my vehicles - I don't buy grocery at my car dealer.

That's one of the reason I keep complete set to do change over myself. Save time, $ and surprises. The time it take to drives to the shop and back, I am done and enjoying my coffee.

You can get compressor impact gun and jack for less than $200 these days.

I believe even the apprentice at KAL damaged my car by jacking at the wrong place. Did not catch them on the act but they were the only one who ever jacked my car up beside the dealers.

Watch for torque wrench on sale at Princes Auto $20 - $30. KMS regularly have reconditioned impact gun cheap. Bought one 20 years ago for $25 - still going strong.
    What I remember from my garage days is that you should always re-torque alloy wheels in particular after torquing the first time and driving for a while. Since they are much softer than the steel wheels they have more of a tendency to move a bit as they seat themselves. Alloy wheels seem to be the vast majority of the wheels out there these days, so that policy at KAL makes sense.

Im a licensed mechanic so if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask me. All wheels should be torqued no matter what. I also worked at kaltire a few years ago. They want you to come back after 100km for a re torque. Rarely did we find lugs that had backed off but it can happen. If you are worried about your wheel torque go to Kaltire and get them to check them. Just pretend you are back for your 100km check up. Even if you have never been there before. Making the customer return to have them re torqued is a just a way for them to cover there butts. We actually had a wheel come off a customers vehicle right after they left the shop. Glad I wasnt the manager that had to deal with that. Also no need to buy a compressor to get those lug nuts off. Canadian tire has some decent electric impact guns that go on sale every now and than. They work great for taking wheels off at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2