British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As promised here are pictures of the fries. A few members were asking me when I was gonna strip them so they can see pics of them.

So this is the 23rd day of the babies being inside the females mouth. Was gonna wait until the 25th day to strip them but I was gonna do a water change today anyways so why not strip them now. Well anyways, here are some pics of the fries by themselves in the 10 Gallon tank. Hope You Guys Enjoy :)

*Edit: There are 20-40 fries (eye balled estimation). What type of Fish? Yellow Lab Fries

Clint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, sorry for the not so good pictures. Hard to get a snap of them. Always moving around and they go to the smallest places lol.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=) Cute, what kinda fish are they from?

... cling tv.... :rolleyes:
Hi eternity302. They are yellow lab fries :).
Glad you liked it also :).
Cling tv hehehe :D

Clint.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh oh. I think I didn't fully strip one of the females. I think she still have a couple in there. Gotta check her out in a few hours. Gonna let her rest for a few hours :). Hopefully there's more then a couple in there :p

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats awesome! I only got 7 fry the last time that female was holding. Congrats.
Those fries were from the two females I got from you :). Maybe 15-20 fry each female :p. They've grown a bit now so I guess they could carry more then 7 each :).

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Humm... or maybe you can relieve some stress by taking her out with lots of hugs and kisses! =)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Humm... or maybe you can relieve some stress by taking her out with lots of hugs and kisses! =)
But she might whip me because I took her babies away :p.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or let her watch some cling tv! :D that might relieve some stress!

Let us know how she does with an update tomorrow!
Well the other female that I thought I stripped 100% ended up spitting 3 more fries out and I netted them out before the other fish had the chance to eat them. The other female won't spit the others out so yeah I will update on that sometime tom morning or afternoon :)

Clint.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Or let her watch some cling tv! :D that might relieve some stress!

Let us know how she does with an update tomorrow!
So here's an update. I catched the female in the net and noticed she spat them out for me :D. I then quickly checked if there was any left but nope. Then I fed the fish breakfast and both the females went crazy for food lol. I guess thats what happens when they don't get to eat for about 3 weeks ^^.

Clint.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts