British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cycled 10 gallon tank with one largish bacopa plant and one naughty betta. Fish has been ripping his fins, I know its him and not tearing or fin rot, he has been seen parading around with fin in his mouth. It has been suggested that the tank is too bare and he is bored and or stressed. He is not aggressive (unless you're a mosquito larvae), I have only seen him flare once and he really enjoys interaction at the front of his tank.

I would like to add some plants and possibly a friend or 2. Where should I go for interesting plants and possibly a healthy amano? I was using Petland however after callamanus nematodes and then pond snails I really want a better source.

Light is good and I am willing to CO2 if it means cool plants. Ideas?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Regarding plants, people are always selling lots of different things on the classified section. You can check there. If you want to go to a LFS, I would recommend April's first and if you don't see anything there then Aquariums West (pricier). I think adding some things for it to swim over and under would be nice as well, and April's also has spiderwood. She also has shrimp - not sure if amano are in stock though. I have a betta and its swimming under, over and into the plants so I think you're on the right track. Doesn't seem to have any fin issues so far...

Edit// I don't think you need CO2 unless you want to grow red or high maintenance plants**. You could probably get away with different types of hygro and some wood. For a bushy plant rotala rotundofolia is easy and grows very well!

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts