British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
rocks are from fish world in langley, was less than 3 dollars a pound
original demasoni were from aprils aquarium
silica sand, some java fern, hydro sponge filter rated for a 20g and theyre currently eating spirulina flake and nls cichlid pellets

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice tank set-up. How big are the fries?
Yeah, Fish World Langley has some nice limestone rocks at a cheap price. Especially when you buy lots of them haha :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
15 yellow lab fry in the hob breeder box
once they finish absorbing their yolk il keep em in there for a week so i can control how much theyre eating they seem to die if they over-eat during that time
then they'll be in the 10g too. by that time i'll strip the latest holding demasoni and her fry will go in the hob breeder box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I agree. The female has a nice colouration :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
how many pounds of the holey rock is that in your ten. I am just tryign to get an idea, as I will have 2 10s to set up.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another holding demasoni
and roughly 14 yellow labs + 3 demasoni fry now ready to be moved to the 10g they just started eating yesterday. one yellow lab has already jumped out of the breeder box somehow and is doin just fine in the 10g :p
u can see the spirulina in their stomachs lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice job. Looks like there getting bigger :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice. The demasoni's looking good. More colour on them now. And much bigger lol. Is it bigger then the yellow lab fry?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
10g demasoni/yellow lab fry growout update *with pics*

What your male to female ratio of your demasoni cichlids?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What your male to female ratio of your demasoni cichlids?
not quite 1:3
11 total i think theres 3 or 4 males but one is extremely dominant over the others and much larger.

was reading alot about demasoni b4 i got these and it sounded as tho 1 dominant male would end up killing his competition but it hasnt happened yet.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice. The demasoni's looking good. More colour on them now. And much bigger lol. Is it bigger then the yellow lab fry?
no the yellow lab fry probably start 20-30% bigger but the demasoni are a bit older
also the most eggs ive had a demasoni spit so far is 6 whereas my acei's first spawn was 30 increased to 70 after 3 spawns.
we'll see what the demasoni are capable of holding in those little mouths of theirs.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
just found 2 more spawning
insane lol i have 3 holding females atm now.

sorry for poor quality my camera battery died after the first shot :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
10g demasoni/yellow lab fry growout update *with pics*

I started with 5 males and 7 females. 3 males are killed by alfa male and the other last guy is hanging in there. Very aggressive males these guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts