British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
great deal I was gonna call them this morning. I was thinking to ask how long it has been dry.
My understanding is dry for too long can harm the silicone.
Anyone know for sure about that issue?

·
Registered
271 Posts
gimlid
great deal I was gonna call them this morning. I was thinking to ask how long it has been dry.
My understanding is dry for too long can harm the silicone.
Anyone know for sure about that issue?
well its not good for the Silicone but i had a 10g tank that was dry for like 2+ years and has be up and running for like 1+year now not one leak it also has chips in it but not that deep :)

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Any pics??
If you looked at the OP's (original poster's) location, you could see that he's in Coquitlam and if you opened the link, it clearly states Lynn Valley (North Van). Therefore, the BCA member is only posting a link to a CL ad, NOT his own tank for sale and so it's highly unlikely he has a pic of someone else's tank to post. On the other hand, stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
348 Posts
gimlid

well its not good for the Silicone but i had a 10g tank that was dry for like 2+ years and has be up and running for like 1+year now not one leak it also has chips in it but not that deep :)

-Mike
I have a 2.5g that been giving to me when I was in elementary school, 20 years ago, and I just pulled it out of a box 2 month ago and filled it with water.

Huge size difference, maybe we should call MythBusters on this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you looked at the OP's (original poster's) location, you could see that he's in Coquitlam and if you opened the link, it clearly states Lynn Valley (North Van). Therefore, the BCA member is only posting a link to a CL ad, NOT his own tank for sale and so it's highly unlikely he has a pic of someone else's tank to post. On the other hand, stranger things have happened.
LOL

10 chars

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a 2.5g that been giving to me when I was in elementary school, 20 years ago, and I just pulled it out of a box 2 month ago and filled it with water.

Huge size difference, maybe we should call MythBusters on this?
the junk the mythbusters have been doing lately would be greatly improved by the silicone test!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes it was a good buy FOR ME!!!!

mY NEW 120 GALLON TANK FOR $250 including stand, ehiem pro2 filter, 2 aqua 500's, rock, gravel, lights, meds, test kits, and the list goes on, and on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have no pics yet. It is still in the crate it was shipped from Edmonton in. But all the accessories filled the back of my SUV. Had to make two trips one for the acessories and then go back with friends to get the tank. The fellow moved here from EDM about 1 year ago and didnt unpack. Is now moving to smaller place and had no room for it. It will be a little while before I set it up as I have finishing touches on my reno in the living room to do yet. Dont want dust and such messing up a new tank. But I am excited about it. It will be my biggest tank and will be in my living room. It came with a metal stand but I am looking around for something more in the way of a cabinet. I know Island pets have some but they dont look sturdy enough to carry that much weight. Anyone have any ideas or knows of a cabinet style stand that is 6ft long available please contact me. Will post pics at a later date for sure. I know I was really fortunate to find this deal and have been looking on CL for several months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts