1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the live rock

my friend has been trying to make his own live rock

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooo...so close to finishing. May I ask why you didn't choose to take advantage of the natural wood instead of it being all back on the outside? Or was it a cost thing to get better wood?
we were debating on what to do then a slip of a roller with zavlar on it made up our minds....lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Looking good. Every time I see you updates I start thinking more and more about doing a plywood tank of my own. Can't wait to see the finished product. And I like the front pane split in 2 like that.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking good. Every time I see you updates I start thinking more and more about doing a plywood tank of my own. Can't wait to see the finished product. And I like the front pane split in 2 like that.
thanks the front would look cool like that but thats the top. after seeing how it looked standing up and with the top on we thought it would be cool to have a tall one that looked like that. maybe the next one;)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zavlar all done with, 6 coats on each tank and 3 each on the tops. and havent used even half of the zavlar yet. hhmmmmmmm another project maybe :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
we are going to use a fx5 and a 405, we were thinking about a sump. my friend still is thinking about it actually and myself i just like the easiness of canister filters.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Do you think that stand will be strong enough for a 140 gallon tank? Good GAWD man, a vertical 2" X 4"... 36" long will hold 2000 pounds of weight...that is HUGE overkill ...nice work though!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts