British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been awhile since I have posted on this site. Life has been busy and I lost the passion for my hobbies for a while But it has slowly come back. I'll be posting a some pictures later on in the day. I had wanted to have this tank set up a year ago but things didn't work out. I finally got around to finish the stand to where it's decent and functional . The dimension of the tank are 84"x 24"x24" its acrylic . I'm running a 108 gallon sump for the filter. I'm using k1 media and poret foam. I'm want to do a black water set up for my Altums but I have not figured out how I want to do it. There will be no plants in the tank just sand and wood. I want with a dark blue back ground . I turned out a lot better than expected . The fish will be transfer over some time this week and I''l post more picture when it fully done.

Here are a few pictures of the tank

Here are a few pictures of the fish that will be going in the tank.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Gordon . I can't wait to see your Salt water set up done.

Looking good Dave :)
Thanks
Sweet tank!!!
Thanks.
110% jealous!
Yes it is . I waited 2 years for the old owner to sell and I had to wait another year to get it up and running .
Nice footprint on that tank Dave.
I can't wait too. I'm going to have to stop by for a few feeder fish ( cardinals & rummy )

Cant wait till you set it up. Beautiful fish.

·
Registered
960 Posts
This tank looks dope!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow, looks beautiful! I am amazed at how big those angels look. What type are they? (pardon my ignorance, I'm afraid I am not that knowledgeable about angelfish types).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The full tank shot is coming. I'm just waiting for the tank to clear up and the wood to sink
I'd love to see some full tank shots with the wood/sand in place... I am jealous!
Thanks
This tank looks dope!
The large ones are Wild Santa Isabellas and the rest are Wild altums.
Wow, looks beautiful! I am amazed at how big those angels look. What type are they? (pardon my ignorance, I'm afraid I am not that knowledgeable about angelfish types).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So here is a full tank shot . It's still cloudy but It's getting better plus the stump is almost water logged .

I have had the large Altum for over a year now when I got it. It was the same size as the little one beside it.

2 males getting a little restless.

My blue face browns laid eggs again. They will be moved to their own tank in a few days

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Talented guy for doing set ups.

Nice job as usual Dave, the tank looks great with just the right mixture of fish. :cool:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here is an update of the tank. The water has cleared up and looking a lot better. I have a few little hiccups I need to fix in the new year.I have to redo some of the plumbing and redo my sump. Here are some pictures.

so here is what the tank looked like last week.

here is what it looks like now Most of the driftwood has sunk now.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
When I get back into fresh I would love to have one like this .you do a amazing job with your wilds. sorry if it's been mentioned already but what's the filtration on your tank and what's your wc schedule

1 - 20 of 49 Posts