British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to sound of trickling water. Somewhere in the bottom of the tank i must have a leak. Last week a shelf cabnit fell from wall onto tank . Everything seemed fine did water change last night everything fine this morning im fucked. Gonna have to pull up carpet from 1 room hard wood floors werent hit just on lament floors in basement. Fish 14 inch datnoid 14 catfish couple bichirs in a 65 gallon. Everything for sale 210 wich was in perfect condition last night has crack couple fx5 rena xp2 heaters couple bags of 3m black sand t5 6 lifht fixture with leds.... everything was 3 maybe 4 grand with fish everything now 800 obo takes it all open to any suggestion or advice

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I would like the lights dat black sand pm me A price sorry for your loss have similar set up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sent you a pm I am interested in some of your stuff I am In surrey as well. Also have a 400 gallon Rubbermaid to home them you can borrow let me know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Feel your pain same thing happened to me on fathers day. Did a WC on my 150g that's been running leak free of the last 5 mths. Then notice water forming alone the bottom plastic outer trim. Luckly caught it. Only reason why was wc the 110 beside it. Best of luck with you sale.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. It took 3 months to get my room back together. That's why I'm sticking with small tanks now. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for not replying just been busy getting things in order. So it looks like its a silicone problem the back side of my tank looks like it got stripped. But i want to pull everything out of tank and got over it completly. Fish are in tight condition but seem to be doing fine and after thinking about it i am willing to give it another shot and if i cant make it happen i will sell everything...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Great to hear that you are sticking with it. Your nightmare is one of the major reasons I had gone acrylic for my big tank.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sorry for not replying just been busy getting things in order. So it looks like its a silicone problem the back side of my tank looks like it got stripped. But i want to pull everything out of tank and got over it completly. Fish are in tight condition but seem to be doing fine and after thinking about it i am willing to give it another shot and if i cant make it happen i will sell everything...
A slow leak really isn't that bad as it gives you time to plan for rehoming. I had 135 gal of water on the floor within seconds! Try n look for a new tank. Perfect time to upgrade!!!

Reactions: So_lil

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorrry to hear that. Hope hurry find out problem and everything is okie..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts