British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I hinted at an announcement in another thread and here we go!!

I managed to get a 210G complete with lids, stand, Rena XP4 filter, Eheim 300W heater, Coralife reef light, and 2 Rubbermaid tubs of goodies. The best part is it was all FREE!!
My wife found the ad on Kijiji and made the mistake of showing me. I was then in negotiations with the owner as to why he should give to me instead of someone else. It worked out very well!! With the help of the original BettaBoy(Wallace Chang) and my sons we got it all moved without incident. The person I got the tank from was a really nice guy that just was looking to move on from the hobby, and I was happy to help him with that.

It is now sitting in my basement waiting for a bit of a clean and then off we go.

I already have a pair of Green Terrors that will be going in there but will also be looking to add some other big South American Cichlids.

I will try to keep this updated but progress will be slow at first.

Here is a pic of the tank and stand.

210 tank bare.jpg

·
Registered
888 Posts
Great find for sure ... even better your wife help you find it so it was a thumbs up from her as well.

Looks in great shape too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
How in the world did you manage this? That is definitely one deal that worked in your favour. Better see a journal start up soon *hint* hint* :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How my 210 currently looks.... I like the scape but need to change the mix of fish a little.
Denisonis, Blue Acaras and Blue Phantom Plecos will get a different tank soon. Green terrors, Fire Eel and purple spotted gobies need to go. Have some new stuff coming from Charles soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got it!!!

Occupants:

Breeding pair of Green Terrors
4 Argentea (looks like I am getting a pair already)
3 Silver dollars
6 Denisoni barbs
3 Purple Spotted Gobies (Gudgeons)
2 Electric Blue Acaras
5 Blue Phantom Plecos
5 Flash Plecos
3 Clown Plecos
28 Sterbai Cories
18 Clown Loaches
1 Flagtail
1 Fire Eel

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Great vid Kole. Love the argentea as I've always wanted to try but they always seemed to need to be housed separate due to aggression. Looking forward to watching your progress. Seeing you back in it brings back fun memories.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tony.... Good to be back.... I have fallen right back into the mts and want more tanks... 3 is not enough!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and Tony everything I have read and my personal experience of having an Argentea before they are the more docile of the Viejas. I am hoping that by moving the dominant male green terror out of the tank it will cause the Argentea to take over and grow faster.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Great seeing it fully operational. The variety of species should keep it all not only visually spectacular but behaviourally as well.

The large wood piece certainly fits and becomes a great balance with the fish.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I already have a pair of Green Terrors that will be going in there but will also be looking to add some other big South American Cichlids.

View attachment 158961
I have a beautiful breeding pair of Paraneetroplus synspilus, and that I am looking to sell by the end of November, as well as 8 3-5" juveniles between 3-5", if you're interested.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a beautiful breeding pair of Paraneetroplus synspilus, and that I am looking to sell by the end of November, as well as 8 3-5" juveniles between 3-5", if you're interested.
Thanks...I was thinking of going that direction but I have some interesting cichlids coming in from Charles at Canadian Aquatics so I am trying to make room. I will certainly keep in mind though if my other plans fall through.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
OK I can't stop by watching argentea vids..thanks Kole.

Amazing gorgeous fish.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts