British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of fighting constant circulation and algae issues with my 12g long so I've decided to shut it down and start a new, bigger tank.

There are some really beautiful planted tanks out there using the ADA 60p which I love but didn't want to spend so much on a tank.

I picked up a used 23g tank with dimensions 24x14x16" (basically a standard 20g tank except 2" deeper) from a fellow salty member here at BCA. Its rimless on the top but has a rim on the bottom. The tank needed a good cleaning and I was able to remove the bottom rim quite easily.

I'm going to transplant all the equipment from my 12g long:

Eheim 2213
Ebo Jager 100w heater
Eco-Complete substrate
Hydor Koralia 225

Light is undecided.. I have a couple lights but they're too wide..

I found the rocks up near Crown Lake in Marble Canyon while camping there over the May long weekend.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Hey Anthony the tank looks good so far and looks like it cleaned up nicely, keep the pictures coming.:cool:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
James tank isn't a bowfront? But yah good call on that tank. I regret not getting a starphire rimless as my 50gal. The rimless top especially gives you an extra inch or so of viewing. I don't have the space for a sump and my wife already think the tanks make a lot of noise otherwise I'd go sump for sure. I'm trying to make up for it with a couple big canisters that add up to way more than needed filtration.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a teaser of what's to come. Don't have the tank yet, but here's a pic of my 12g long on top of the ADA style stand I started building today!

Don't mind the clutter in the garage...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts