British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a revival of our old journal. Sorry about the pics, they're from my phone.
Here's what my brother and I are running:
Equipment - 25g, 40lbs lr, 150w mh, mp10 ph, css 65, ac 50(fuge)
Corals - kenya tree, birdsnest, clove, green star, sun, lobo, chalice, torch, frogspawn, mushroom, zoas
Livestock - 2 ocelllaris clowns, green mandarin, domino damsel, cleaner, 2 sexy shrimp, red linkia, borneman anemone, various snails and hermits

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a little update. I've included some full tank shots. The actinic pic is from a diy 10w led, we have t8's mounted on the side of our tank but this led is much brighter and brings out the color of coral much better. I wish i had a better camera to show this all off.

We've added a cleaner, two new zoa frags (one of them we think is devil's armor), and lava chalice since the last post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's a pic intense update.
1)we've gone skimmerless (after a flood over my floor and into my kitchen) and haven't looked back, for the first time we have undetectable nitrates
2)new zoa frags, pink maze, and cotton candy chalice
3)new mh bulb = better coral health

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hey nice tank. Looks like you have a good start with the corals... where did you buy the anemone?

Was it hard to diy the led, how much and where did you order the stuff?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey nice tank. Looks like you have a good start with the corals... where did you buy the anemone?

Was it hard to diy the led, how much and where did you order the stuff?
the borneman anemone was a hitchhiker actually. It was a very small guy with no good color. With a little tlc this guy is over 1.5" in diameter, good purple, green colors.

my brother handled the led light. it was not too hard, took a bit of time to solder together since every led needs a transistor. the led's are from ebay, the fixture has an equal mix of red and blue. we might be making a second fixture for a second ac fuge, i'll get my brother to post some details about it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts