British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a journal about my new 300G acrylic tank.

It will house Peacock Bass, Pikes and Catfish, basically a South American biotope

Here is the piping on the returns

right side

left side

There are 3 returns on each side but I am thinking of only using 2 of them to get higher flow through those 2.

I have a 4' 55g sump but am thinking of adding a 33g sump and splitting it into 1 sump for each side.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks great, can't wait to see it in action. I think two returns would be a good idea, stronger directional flow to stir stuff up and get it in to the sump/filter.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Starting to come together nicely Kole...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what's the point of the return on the top rather then mid sides?
Less possibility of backflow to the sump with them being on top. Each side consists of 2 returns from the top and one from the overlow. They all have shut off valves and I am thinking of shutting off each one out of the overflow boxes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a great beginning. I am guessing this is in the basement close to where all your old tanks were when you were part of CA?
It is actually in the back of my Canucks room, thus the colours. I used to have a 102" projector TV at that end but gave it up for the tank.

·
Registered
916 Posts
:eek:....sweeeeet! Drooooooooooooooooooool!!
gotta love that footprint. Way to go Kole looking ummm ...BIG !...

yea yea we know...you hear that all the time :p
bill

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Nice job Kole! I feel so bad my project is lagging behind! I'm going to go over to the other room and work on it right now! Man, your plumbing looks so hardcore!

PS. Do you have some floor leveling issues or is the picture lying to me? If so, how did you overcome it?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Such an awesome tank! I'm looking forward to seeing this one as it fills up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts