British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

161 - 162 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
It has been far too long since my last update post. Been battling heat/cold fluctuations and pH swings, seems to be levelling off now.

15G;
Crayfish;
Both females dropped their first clutch, which I kinda expected to happen.
The smaller female is now berried with a large clutch, at least 30...
Also added another filter to the tank, (thanks for great deal trixy :)) an old style fluval2. Now there is somewhat adequate filtration in this tank, though it could use more...

Added a fish to the tank, even though I wasn't going to, as I'm trying to breed the crays... Though I couldn't resist the the huge personality this tiny little fish has. It's a Dwarf Panda Cichlid (Apistogramma Nijsseni), I believe a female. I have called her "spot", which is a little obvious...
Will upload pics later, can't seem to do it from my phone...

33G;
Added another species a couple weeks ago, even after telling myself not to... :rolleyes:
Thanks to Frank @ Ebi-Ken, there are now 2 Panda Loaches (Protomyzon Pachychilus) in the tank. They immediately went to grazing on the algae after acclimation. When swimming they make it look like there's no current in the tank at all.

Much more, will post at a decent hour...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I never completed my last update posting :( boo on me :rolleyes:

33G;
The snail battle is now being won by 2 assassin snails...
Due to the temp fluctuations and subsequent parameter swings and cyano popping up, I lost a few blue pearls (have 3 left), 2 oebts, 1 orange shrimp.
All remaining inhabitants are doing well, they will be doing better once I hook up my new toy...

Yesterday I got a new toy for the tank, an Eheim 2217 external canister filter.
Huge Thank You to serhiobc for the Eheim 2217 :bigsmile: It came with all the media, I also got a set of lily pipes, thanks again!:)
I will be hooking it up very soon, will post more photos when setup, here's a couple for now.
2013-06-16 07.00.42.jpg 2013-06-16 06.59.50.jpg 2013-06-16 06.55.03.jpg

15G;
One cpo is berried at the moment, the crays and the panda cichlid seem to be getting along (for now).
Added 3 badis badis from Fantasy Aquatics last week, great little fishes, they seem very happy chasing shrimps around the tank...
Here's a pic of one badis and "spot"
2013-06-16 07.18.56.jpg

161 - 162 of 162 Posts