British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for something for my 33g long tank. Heavily planted w/ rocks. I've got some fish in it now, but most will be removed fairly soon to allow for something new. I will most likely have a German Blue Ram in it still, also, 4 plecos, and some Amano shrimp.

I'm looking for something other than the usual neons, cardinals, guppies, and so on. Something different, nothing too common. Any ideas? The tank is an open top, so no jumpers would work out too well.

Specs
33g long, lots of light/ferts/co2.
rena xp1
ph 6.8
temp 77F

Thanks, Tyson.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Well I got myself a 33 long some time ago, and the original plan was to make it a cory madness tank. Say 33 cories in there! That would be fun. I thought it would work well in a 33 long because it's so shallow. For now I'm using it as a grow-out tank for some krib fry that I have, but I might go back to that original plan later.

So there you go, my vote goes for a colony of happy cories! :)

Let us know what you end up deciding.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually got some pygmy cories in it right now, forgot to mention that. I'm happy with those little guys, and don't want anymore cories right now :)

Thanks for the suggestion though :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, the archer's won't work for me. Don't think the Rainbow shark will either.

Jobber, I was actually looking at the Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios). Quite a nice looking fish. Would be nice to have 30+ of those :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Congo Tetras! =) Grow them when they're tiny, you'd be pretty happy once they get back and pretty!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yeah. I have a few of those galaxy's. They don't shoal but rather seem to pair up and have territories. I find the rasbora hengali/espei shoal nicely. It'll get $$$$ for 30 galaxies. I think canadianaquatics is getting some more pygmys in the future. They shoal nicely also!

Good luck with the fish hunt!

Loaches are good also, but they seem to "freak" out too much in tanks.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Ya, the archer's won't work for me. Don't think the Rainbow shark will either.

Jobber, I was actually looking at the Galaxy Rasboras (Celestial Pearl Danios). Quite a nice looking fish. Would be nice to have 30+ of those :)
when i read the first post the first thing i was going to say were those :p

otherwise rummy nose! i know you said no tetra's but i just love rummy nose :D

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
how about some:

loreto tetra

bleeding heart

or a small papa pleco :) I got some nice small one at 3" with amazing lyre tails.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the responses/idea. Ya, that papa is quite nice, but I don't want another pleco in the tank. I have 4 right now. I actually don't mind the bleeding hearts. Don't know much of the Loreto's, have to do some research. The Rasbora espei is nice, but they seem quite popular/common. I would still like something different. :)

We'll see what happens haha, I will keep you all updated on what I end up with :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aren't killifish good jumpers?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts