British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 3D background in Canada Bc. Or a website that ships to Canada at least. It's for a African cichlids tank. I've tried many sites but none ship to Canada anymore. Anyone has any idea where I can find them?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I can't help you with 3d backgrounds but whenever I buy things on Amazon and they don't ship to Canada, I have them ship to a parcel service in Blaine and pick it up from there. Quite often the shipping is free within continental US but very $$$ if they shipped to Canada. I've started using 5d packages in Blaine last year, their rates, hours of operation and service is very good.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Remember to factor in the expense of travel as well as any customs fees/taxes upon one's return to Canada. With these costs in mind, perhaps an alternative to a 3-D background may be more practical all around . . . or construct one oneself. There are several DIY videos on YouTube showing how this can be done.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was going to suggest the DIY route too. There are a number of excellent videos as was suggested. I have thought about it myself then thought do I want to be looking at that background pretty much forever? The bacgrounds don't seem dynamic. enough for me.

So I opted to aquascaping that allows variety and allows me change things up when ever I want or when I catch a holding female or fry. I got quite inspired by watching Fish2Water videos from New Zealand, I thought they have great ideas.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have time to make it myself. I did find something on amazon. Works good

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 72" rock background from aquatic fx in Canada. I may be selling it.very life like. Let me know if interested. I Can send pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts