British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I started this tank 5 weeks ago, I used old ada from my 29g which had been cycled for 1 yr...

I did the dry start and planted HC, I want to keep this tank as neat as possible so I can see the shrimps...

The Idea for this tank is just to have CRS/CBS/GBS and maybe in the future KK also may throw in some Super Red Sakura Shrimp.

The plants and wood are carefully placed, the theme here is sort of like a Japanese garden!!(ZEN Style)

Here are the specs:

Coralife 2x24wt5ho stealth black
20g 3pc glass rimless back painted stealth black
200w Hydor inline heater
Ehiem Pro 3 Ultra G series filter
20 lb CO2 tank with reg and atomizer

substrate and plants:
ADA amazonia II and ADA amazonia powder
HC
mini pellia
downoi
fissedin
mermaid weed
1 piece of wood

Registered
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok so here's how it started....

then came the dry start with 2 pots of HC, which didn't turn out well. I found after 3 weeks it was not really growing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And here it is tonight...

the HC growing in with co2 injection, Who likes the CO2 tank colour matched to the wall?
a total fluke when I got it painted by dbc marine....

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
hey Thomas, when are we gonna see pics of your tank?

Registered
I'll try to grab some pictures soon.
Excited to see this tank that i've heard lots about before :) Glad you kept it.

Registered
Where are the pictures Chrissssssss???? Can't wait to see this set-up buddy! I hope all will go smoothly with this set-up!

Registered
Hahahaha Chris i like it buddy, instant pellia i see there. Anyways, keep up posted on this tank bud when everything fills in nicely.

Premium Member
Chris Bro as usual you do things to the Max Man

Lookin forward to seeing it come to life

Registered
The tank looks amazing! And what a great idea, to match your CO2 tank to the wall! You've probably started a trend.

Registered
Lookin' good so far. Can't wait to see the final results!
I like the matching of your CO2 tank.. very nice! haha

Registered
I don't know how I missed this thread either. It look really good so far. I am about to do a dry start myself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
It's late now try to get some pics tommorow!

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
What size of filter is that? Is that a 2071/3? And how did I miss this thread? :D
Hey Gary it's a brand new Ehiem proffesional 3 600! I miss threads all the time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
K guys not much has happened lately, But I was bored a week ago so I did a WC and acclimatized some test shrimp to see how they would do....

There were 2 babies that came with the mini pellia, 1 cbs and 1 crs. They were super tiny about 2mm and made the 2hr trip in the bag dry AMAZING!!
Now they are about 5mm in just a week.

I added 1 female and 2 males and if they breed then so be it. I also tossed a gbs in the mix.

I eventually have plans to stock Super White, Crowns and Red Legs, but that will be later this summer.

So here are the long awaited pics taken 10 minutes ago!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts