British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the tank I have been after for a few years. I picked up Tony 1928's 400 gallon acrylic. The dimension are 96"x36"x27". It will be a discus and angel set like the others. I'll post some pictures when I start the build. :eek:

·
Registered
195 Posts
DAMNNNNN thats HUGE
I was in Sri Lanka recently, and saw some guppies in a pond. I had never known how beautiful their colours can be from a top view rather than the traditional side view

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I finally got the tank I have been after for a few years. I picked up Tony 1928's 400 gallon acrylic. The dimension are 96"x36"x27". It will be a discus and angel set like the others. I'll post some pictures when I start the build. :eek:
That's a 40 discus tank :)

How many zebra plecos can you fit in the bottom of a 400 gallon discus tank :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Well..seeming I'm low on discus for now...I love watching my guppies! I have my original plexi 60 gallon discus tank full of guppies. Guppies do look good from above.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
How many altum angels in the 400g? Skip discus... Make it an altum biotope with corys, rummy, a few exotic high end plecos...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about adding a few more but the wife thought it would be over crowded .lol
Aw...I was disappointed not to see it full of a 1000 guppies...Charles style. :D
It would be but knowing my luck they will be like the lemmings and go down the over flow to the sump
I thought it was 10000 cardinals? :D I would be mesmerized.
I would love to have 40 wild discus but I'm not sure how to explain to my wife where $ 10,000 went lol. I like zebra places but I'm not a fan of them hiding all the time.
That's a 40 discus tank :)

How many zebra plecos can you fit in the bottom of a 400 gallon discus tank :bigsmile:
I'm going to wild angels again but I hoping to get my hands on a few from Brazil . I want more Santa Isabella. I can't pass up on the discus.

How many altum angels in the 400g? Skip discus... Make it an altum biotope with corys, rummy, a few exotic high end plecos...
It would be But I don't have great luck with pleco's . I have spent a fortune on Dave's leopards
It would make a great breeding tank for LDA-105. :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Dave, let me know if you are getting any wild angels especially Santa Isabella. I would love to share some costs and get some real nice wild angels

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem I'll keep you in the loop. I have been wanting more Isabella's Since I lost my last female. I'm down to one large male .
Dave, let me know if you are getting any wild angels especially Santa Isabella. I would love to share some costs and get some real nice wild angels

·
Registered
721 Posts
Photo's any time soon?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is an update with a few pictures. It has been a slow process due to a work injury . So I have been working with 1 arm for the past 2 months. I will post more when the tank is fully set up.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Nice job Dave. How many discus you have in there now? At my peak I had just over 2 dozen and it still looked a bit empty!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.