British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
And just how the heck did you manage THIS???

Well, well, WELL - someone's been BUSY!!!! When I first saw the title, I just assumed it was Daniel's old thread so I haven't been looking at it (sorry, Daniel - didn't mean it that way :))!!! So today I have a look and D'UH???!!!!! When did you have a chance to ever do THAT??? Aren't you still working? And vacation? And kids? and and and and !!!! Did you set this up for your dad? It's a beauty, Gary. Really nice.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did you set this up for your dad? It's a beauty, Gary. Really nice.
Thanks. Yes, it's in my father's room. And it's due for a full scape now that wood we picked up is sunken. New pics to come. The L368 and L75 are growing really well alongside the 6 L134's. And the one lone fire green tetra I'm not able to catch.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Well, well, WELL - someone's been BUSY!!!! When I first saw the title, I just assumed it was Daniel's old thread so I haven't been looking at it (sorry, Daniel - didn't mean it that way :))!!! So today I have a look and D'UH???!!!!! When did you have a chance to ever do THAT??? Aren't you still working? And vacation? And kids? and and and and !!!! Did you set this up for your dad? It's a beauty, Gary. Really nice.
LOL, no worries Shelley. Once I got my 90 running the bowfront had to go before it found a new home in my place. Looking good where it is now though.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Way to create the anticipation! And now we wait....

Soaking some beige sand this morning to add to the tank along with the new wood. Pics by this evening.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks John. I think I'll be propping up the lighter coloured one when I get everything set up. Almost got a couple of pics of the L368 tonight, but they darted out of the shot just as I was about to snap the pic. They're really fattening up.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
That will look really cool too. I hate placing new wood in the tank, I spend a couple hours moving it around till I find a place I'm happy with it lol

Isn't that how it always is.....right when you finally get a good photo opportunity, they move at the exact moment your finger starts to snap the shot lol

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Gary , liking the revised layout.Beautiful stumps of manzanita that blend in well with the sand and rockwork.You gonna with a background on this as well?I see lots of water movement via your equipment, a plus with your collection in there.Iam gonna pick up a koralia this week for my setup as well.Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This was supposed to be a discus quarantine, so originally there was no background. But I might have to paint it black at some point as I hate seeing stuff out the back.

The wood is all from April. The new pieces are from my last raid of April's when I picked up a big Curipera for the cube.

Yes, there is tons of flow. It's partially because I just used whatever I had on hand, which will likely change in the future.

I have a Rena Smartfilter 20 that was left over from my 15 gallon office project, Fluval 3+ which Daniel graciously gave to me as part of the tank deal, maxijet 400 to power the Coralife Turbotwist 3X and then an HK 750 I bought used. I rigged a tube from a maxijet to the Fluval to get extra agitation via the venturi and so far it has worked great.

I will eventually put a canister filter on it and then the Fluval and the Rena will go. Likely something like a Eheim Pro 3 2075. Almost got Franck's 2073 and probably should have, but I was trying to curb my budget for this tank a bit at the time.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts