Discussion Starter #1
PFO Aquatics Solaris LED Illumination System

Model: LED PS1
Length: 48"
LED: 4 x 25 LED arrays, all LEDs working fine
Power Supply: 2 (+ cords).
Also Included: Legs and Instructions.

Price: $750

Comments: New these units sold for over $3K. I'm selling the unit to generate funds for some other projects.

Note the units are in Victoria - so you need to make arrangements for local pick up as the unit is too large and heavy for shipping.

For pictures see: http://tgvas.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=7726

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not trying to cause problems but to be honest, $750 is to much for this. IIRC from some earlier posts you made yours is a 1st or 2nd generation fixture so it uses the early Phillips LEDS that have much lower output then any current emitters. The Solaris fixtures also had very poor thermal management (no real heatsinks) and flakey power supplies.

You could buy new Maxspect fixtures that would probably outperform the Solaris units for not much more then what you are asking. I think you will either have to sell them for pennies on the dollar or just keep it and use it on FOWLR tank or something if it doesn't have enough output for corals for your use.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just wanted to let people know that my Solaris works just fine for growing a variety of corals except Acropora. My power supplies have given me no trouble and can easily be replaced at RP Electronics in Coquitlam.

AquaAddict

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not trying to cause problems but to be honest, $750 is to much for this. IIRC from some earlier posts you made yours is a 1st or 2nd generation fixture so it uses the early Phillips LEDS that have much lower output then any current emitters. The Solaris fixtures also had very poor thermal management (no real heatsinks) and flakey power supplies.

You could buy new Maxspect fixtures that would probably outperform the Solaris units for not much more then what you are asking. I think you will either have to sell them for pennies on the dollar or just keep it and use it on FOWLR tank or something if it doesn't have enough output for corals for your use.
read the rules for posting. Don't bash others. if you don't want it don't post. if you don't have the money don't make an offer. keep your thought to your self unless asked for an oppinion!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts