British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling a custom made, heavy-duty tank.It is 36"x16"x20" high....think it is around 50 gal. It has a black metal frame and the glass is extra thick...(1/4" inch) I have had this tank in my fish room as a display tank with African Cichlids in it. I have been thinking of downsizing my fish room but that meant parting with the africans. I was hesitant as I so much enjoy having a tank of africans along with m killies and plecos.:) However this a.m. I awoke to a tank full of dead fish :( My heater....a Via Aqua 300 watt titanium heater went nuts and fried my fish overnight :mad: Therefore I have decided that this is the time to downsize. The tank is on a home-made stand...very heavy duty made of 2X4's. Great stand for fish room but not a display stand. It also has a shelf on the bottom and I have a 20 gal on it at the moment. It can accomodate a tank up to 36-40 gals. This is a great set-up if you are looking for a "double stacker". The tank comes with a cover/lid and also the largest ( I believe "110" ) Aquaclear filter....I would like to get $100.00 for everything, but am open to offers. I also have lots of coral rock and sand for who ever takes the tanks. No trades

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Hi George,
sorry to hear of your heater failure.

I looked as using one of these with a SS 1000W heat rod I have left from industrial process I made.

It would need to be on the surface of the glass to sense the temps.
https://www.infraredheaters.com/apt2.html

Cheer
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi George,
sorry to hear of your heater failure.
I looked as using one of these with a SS 1000W heat rod I have left from industrial process I made.
It would need to be on the surface of the glass to sense the temps.
https://www.infraredheaters.com/apt2.htmlCheerMike
Quite interesting Mike.....are you breeding the "blue eyes" ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.