British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I Got a 55G via a trade today with a new member to add to our massive collection of tanks. I plan on painting the back black, adding a AQUACLEAR 110 & asking target to build me a super nice black stand. So What I want to know is, what should we stock in this tank? Whats your experiences with a standard 55G???

thanks
ben_mbu

·
Registered
278 Posts
Planted tank with branchy driftwood and a fleet of cardinals :)

Congrats on the new pick up as well!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
55 Feeder goldfish =) j/k!
I'd go planted tank or some malawi cichlids... since i've always wanted a malawi tank, but just luv planting much more!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have the branchy wood. I am sort of thinking about Geo's from charles?? with black & plum substrate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Geo's would be nice as well :D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think 5 would be perfect but can you put preds with geo's is the question???

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have Geo's in with my pbass. The key is just having enough territory for everyone. The Geo's typically stay in the bottom 3rd of the water. Pbass up near the top. They seem to be fine in my tank but I got alot of space. :D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well oviously..but putting smaller IT's that are growing out is really what I mean.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I do IT's =) I have my little one inchers in my 55 gallon right now! Besides, they'll take forever to grow anyways!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well there are some residents for this 55G..
3 Temensis Peacock Bass..hopefully they will do well and gain some size quickly.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i decided to go with a AC110 to give these 3 tem's some nice clear water. Now over the weekend I will cleaning some Purple 3M S grade sand. Same Sand thats in my 120G. So after all that, my search for a stand came to a end today. A member from the forum has decided to do me a favour :)by building me a custom stand, gotta love this forum. So there will be an update in the near future. Am I thinking I should Paint the back of it Black, dont know yet.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where would can I buy the paint, in order to paint the back???
does anyone remember how much it is ??
or does anyone have half of a can that I could buy of them??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts