British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is 84"x44"x34" inside dimension with insulation all around and bottom as it is in the garage. Still trying to build it with low cost as possible and still holding together. It will be ground level with wet/dry filter on the right side. Future house for Aro and ray.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jumping on from the other thread. I think insulating the tank rather than the garage is a great idea. But have you thought about condensation (mould) problems with the differential in temps inside the garage?
yeah I did, and the tank will be complete seal off just like acrylic tank. I also block off all the air gap from the garage door as well.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I am a little confuzzed :eek:...if the tank is 84 inches long why is the bottom piece of plywood as well as the upper rails not in one piece :confused: ( is that section for a built in wet/dry ) ....nice footprint though :)....makes me wish I had a garage :D..............tours are at what time :confused::D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have a gallon of gelcoat with some black tint if you want pm me and we can work out a deal for you if you haven't already bought your sealer. I paid around 60 for it all so prob give it to you for half the price. Not gonna be building my tank anytime soon

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a little confuzzed :eek:...if the tank is 84 inches long why is the bottom piece of plywood as well as the upper rails not in one piece :confused: ( is that section for a built in wet/dry ) ....nice footprint though :)....makes me wish I had a garage :D..............tours are at what time :confused::D
84" is for the tank but the overall size is 9ft long.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
this is gonna be an intresting build, must've been loud building the tank with the hammer.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
some update, I have done 4 coat of zavlar already and will do another layer tomorrow then I am ready for water test this Friday.

This is what I am using and its great that BC carry it now so I don't have to get it ship. Really easy to work with.

On the right side is where my wet/dry for bio filter and a sump for mechanical filter as well.

Since it is in garage so I don't need a full size viewing glass but I want something different so I come up with this style.

This pvc pipe is for feeding stingray.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's pretty cool, I like the window in the front. When it's all set-up are you going to get more arrows?
I might, got to wait see what Jay bringing in, beside I got lazy to raise from small now. I need a green and yellow tail for my collections.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very cool setup. It would have been nice to get a slightly large view port.
5/8 glass is too expensive and the reason I want to have side view window so I can check on my ray if they are pregnant which my Motoro is now. Btw that viewing window is 36" diameter.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Very nice tank, I would love to have a tank that big one day.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
5/8 glass is too expensive and the reason I want to have side view window so I can check on my ray if they are pregnant which my Motoro is now. Btw that viewing window is 36" diameter.
Wow...I thought it was 24". Those monster fish are really dwarving that window!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice tank, I would love to have a tank that big one day.
Good thing that I don't have water meter here in Burnaby, otherwise I wouldn't dare to go this big. Water change waste a lot of water, now I hope I can come up with something use for the waste water.

Wow...I thought it was 24". Those monster fish are really dwarving that window!
I think the tank is still small for the stock I have in there. I might build bigger tank next year depend how this one work out in winter. So far the insulation doing a good job and I only need 300W heater in it to keep temp around 29 Celsius with 3gph drip system running as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts