British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my 29 bio is geting crowded and i have an emptie 72 bow front and stand laying around
befor i explain how and what im going to do seting it up i will let you know i expect this will be ready for corals and fish after chistmass
due to the need to gather mony to buy all the stuff i need lol ( hoping santa gets myh rock and sand lmao)

it will be an lps/sps doninated reef a few softies and some small fish
1 inch of sand on the botem 3 big power heads (havent decided wich ones )
definitly going led not sure what fiture or what to get yet
i dont want a sump but im not 100% decided on that
the tank needs to be resealed not sure how to do that so il be doing some youtubeing old tank woried about leaks

so if you have any advice or sugestions pls leave a coment !!!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no water test as i dont think that it is dry :( mabie after school today ??? its been 2 days plus since i got the silicone in

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
filed it up to half way today will fill the rest tomorow ahh so exiting i also got my xp4 filter hoked up to an xp3 bucket ( thanks anthony ) and it works again
will hope fuly be geting rock tomorow and a light with in the next week or so

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep rock smells as it isnot cured so will be in fw for a week 50% out daily till im rid of the stink

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're almost there…. can't wait to see how you stock this beast! :)
thanks and me to !!! well what ever i can get cheep lps/sps and mabie a softie or two i held the lights above the tank and dad took some pics there are two pendants atached to one box and controled to gether 1 covers the entire tank at 80%
boath at 80% i think i may turn up the blue a touch 2 with blue at 100

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those DIY pendants looks wicked.
thanks !!!! looks like im going to run them at 80% mabie 90 but 100 is to bright would love to get some on with a par metre over

on another note lights will be hung tomorow and most of the smell is gone ! will do a water test and let u all know

next task is find power heads :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lighting hung ! little bit tilted but i have yet to nail atach the power cord to the back wall wich is what is tilting em one is lower then the other so gious whos taking there 3rd trip in 2 days to the hard where store tomorow :) some pics

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Oooh, hanging those pendants that way just doesn't look all that safe. Better hit Rona's soon my friend.;)

I would also run them for several weeks at a lower % or you will burn your non-LED-adapted corals. These use 10w emitters which are much more intense than the 3w emitters most commercial units use. On the plus side you'll only be using 60-70w to start and max out at 100 watts for your reef tank (again warning against going 100% on the whites, blues is fine at 100% I found).

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not safe ??? I made sure I drilled into studs or used dry wall plugs for screws used two screws used airplane cable and two of what ever there called the thing u use to attach to wires little aluminum thing with two holes that you bend with a par of players I hooked up my 25,pound dunbell and it passed :) I took many precautions lol any way ok thanks will do cant wait to get my first sps :) plan is to get some old water and fill it up :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts