British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been here long enough reading everyone else's tank journals. Figured I should set up a new tank so I can participate.
The tank is a marina beta cube .9 gallon. I used a mixture of montmorillonite clay and diatomacious earth ie kitten litter for the substrate. Plants are cryptocoryne becketti and java moss I will be adding some hair gras to the back corner once I am sure its clean.
Hard scape is found driftwood with the java moss tied to it.
Live stock is 5 crs one pumpkin shrimp and one hybrid of CR's and pumpkin. There is no filtration and the tank was assembled 10 days ago and stocked within 2 hours of completion. I perform 25%wc's 3 times daily all shrimp are molting and growing at a exceptional rate.
I will try to post some pics as soon as I can.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Interesting use for a betta cube. Should look nice once you get some growth going in there. How's the temperature working out with all the heat we've been having?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting use for a betta cube. Should look nice once you get some growth going in there. How's the temperature working out with all the heat we've been having?
I have air a conditioners in the house. One for my fish room and another for the rest of the house. So temp is pretty stable at around 74.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The crypt in the back is pontderifolia not sure if that correctly spelled or not. So it should give some nice height when it fills in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts