British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would post some photos as it has been awhile:) Sorry for the photo quality.

[IG]http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss6/precious_moments1160/DSC05840.jpg[/IMG]

Sulawesi eggs

Shimp tank with Cherries, Blueberries, Galaxies, nerite snails, Sulawesi snails, and other fishes.

The newest Betta

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Beautiful beta! I love your tank.....it has a very calming feeling about it. Great job.
Shelley
x2 on this. There's definitely something soothing about your tank. Beautiful.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice setup.........but those looks like Nerite snail eggs than Tylomelania who doesn't laid eggs until they are about to hatch?
The eggs should be Tylomelania (rabbit snails) as I got them first and had them for two months. Then a month ago I got the nerite snails which need brackish water to breed. I have lots of eggs everywhere.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments and the tank is still a work in progress as the water is still cloudy. The foreground plants still needs to fill in.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
Hello Lotus.

I'd have to agree with Ed (Shaobo) on the egg mystery. Those are nerite eggs for sure. They will lay eggs in freshwater but they will not survive in freshwater. Here is a picture of a Tylo egg.

Nerites lay eggs all over the place including on the Tylos themselves (there are some on the Tylo above too):eek:

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The eggs should be Tylomelania (rabbit snails) as I got them first and had them for two months. Then a month ago I got the nerite snails which need brackish water to breed. I have lots of eggs everywhere.
I agree, they are not Tylomelania eggs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That betta has the most extraordinary colouring! Like a moonlit ghost or something.

Your shrimp look busy and happy.
Thanks Morainy and I don't know the name of the betta but its a double tail. I really like the colours and depending on the lighting the colours change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts