British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been lurking on this great forum since August 2008!! I guess now is as good a time as any to introduce myself. Sorry it took so long :eek:

Even though I've never posted, I check in several times a day - love the site, the banter, the input from all the regulars and newbies. Hope the site gets back up to full speed soon. I'm missing all those threads that I'm subscribed to :(

By the way, I'm from Richmond and have a ten gallon low-tech planted tank at the moment - nothing too great. I've just sold my house and am looking for a new one, and as I'm looking at houses for sale, all I can think of as I go through them is where I will put all the new aquariums I'm going to buy :) LOL, is it called Multiple Tank Syndrome before you've bought the multiple tanks?

My plan is to start at my new house with an "El Natural Diana Walstad" type tank and a "Tom Barr EI dosed" tank, eventually progressing to a 150-gallon plus planted discus tank. I'll start journals on the site in due course :)

Anyway, thanks for reading. P.S. Love the new banner at the top of the page. Anyone noticed the bubbles coming from the fish?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can I Figue Out How To Post A Photo?

Or is that not working on the site yet? Let's try....

A photo of my tank, one month after I set it up, September 2008:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome, AquaNeo. You are wise to buy a house with MTS and BTS in mind! Perhaps you could have Munster/Corwin design a fishroom for you, with really big tanks.

I would love to see your Diana Walstad & Tom Barr tank journals!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Fishroom? Now There's A Thought

Welcome, AquaNeo. You are wise to buy a house with MTS and BTS in mind! Perhaps you could have Munster/Corwin design a fishroom for you, with really big tanks.
But I think I'm a long way from that day :)

I did see a house for sale in Richmond recently with an outdoor swimming pool - brief thoughts of enclosing the pool and throwing in a couple of sharks went through my mind, before reality kicked in :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now To Add A Photo Directly To Post

If this works, it is a photo of my aquarium taken in March 2010:

It took a year and a half before I got any noticeable algae in my tank (you can probably see some in the photo). The pond snails are having a field day in there trying to clean it up :)

Hmm, guess that didn't work - oh well, off to figure it out....

Here's the photo as an attachment:

One more try:

Got it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
welcome...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Welcome to the new BCA. Your tank looks nice. I just did a similar thing when buying my new place, wandered through it trying to decide where to put tanks. I think the 200-300 gallon one I want will look good in the basement :D

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
Welcome to BCA :)!

There is a wealth of knowledge within this forum. We have many varieties of hobbyist here including: dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlids, monsters, community layout, reef, saltwater, and bettas to name a few.

Enjoy your time here!

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Everyone

Thank you for the kind words fellow junior members :)

BCA is a great community of people and I hope to meet some of you in the future.

·
Registered
485 Posts
WElcome!! Again!! Mineralized soil beds and wastad(sp) Sound like alot of work... I did worm castings fresh from bag (organic LOL from jons plant factory in BBY) with a cap of turface/aquatic soil from rona... ei dosing and metricide/excel for carbon.. I look forward to you getting your stuff up and going in your "new" house!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts