British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just getting back in the hobby after 20 years out of it i lived in Winnipeg and was a hand a a fish store there where i got into Cichlids
so i just bought a 55 gl tank and want to start off again would like any advice and help or fish or just a chance to talk and meet new ppl who are into the hobby
also im looking to buy new equipment and stuff and would like guidance to where to go and what maybe to buy so i do it right the first time
thanks and hope to chat soon
Robert from Agassiz BC

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Welcome back to the hobby. I've been keeping fish for 47 years and so much has changed but the basics are still the same. Water changes and good food.

The technology has improved significantly though

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Welcome back. Filters have changed, lights have changed, water here is about 0 hardness so needs buffering .
As Joseph said. Water change is the key to good growth and good food.
Also starting with good stock.
What
Kind of cichlids? African or South America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Welcome to BCA and back to the addiction.

The biggest change technology-wise for fw tanks is the lighting has gone from fluorescents & PCs to LEDs now. Much more energy efficient and more control over colours and spectrums. Most people are still using HOB and/or canister filters, just like 20 years ago.

Anthony

·
Registered
294 Posts
Send 'mrbob' a message. He's in agassiz, keeps cichlids, and has extra equipment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
African and im looking for some as i have a empty tank right now also looking for a true blue eyed placo no sure the the real name for it is right now but not a royal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent Mr Bob a message and looked ant his vids hoping to meet him as he lives a few blocks away

·
Registered
410 Posts
welcome back!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts