British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search on the site for a thread like this already up and running and didn't find one, so I thought I would start it up.

I've had to close down my tanks (because I moved across the country a couple times), so right now I'm fishless :( Therefore I thought I would show off my other critters.

Let's see what kind of critters we all have; I'll start...

Alton - Manx/Himalayan - 7 months old

Jasper - Pure Siamese - 2 years old

Pepper - the craziest ferret - 3 years old

Trixie - Nothing can slow this ferret down... not even cancer! - 7 years old

Ozzy - Cockatiel - 11 years old

Please add your pictures.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I started a thread like this on the old forum, but then never did it again.
Your ferrets are so cute. They sure are rotten though I bet. I have 3 of them. What do you feed them if you don't mind me asking??
Here are my little gaphers
Sumi - Cinnamon, Sobek - Blaze and Nico is just rotten. lol

Cici - Pork chop and Baby - Tabby

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry double post

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.C.D Fishies: I love the look of Sumi!!!
I feed them Evo Ferret food, I did a ton of research on food before I got them and found that Evo had the best reviews and nutritional breakdown. Once I got them (Only a 1.5 years ago) I switched their food and they became so much energetic, softer, and just all around healthier. I want to switch them to a raw diet but haven't done enough homework yet to switch them (my cats eat raw and it's amazing for them).

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have had a very bad experience with Evo. Have a look at this thread.
I was told to switch mine off that after only being on it for a month and a half. At the emergency they said most animals with bladder stones are caused by that food. Just wanted to let you know my experience with it.

Edit: I was using the evo cat food. You have had good luck with the ferret??? I am switching mine to Kaytee forti-diet ferret chow. It was recommended to me by a ferret owner. So we will see. I am very worried about what I feed them because we learnt that Sobek is going to be predisposed to them.

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800

G

·
cute kitties and ferrets ... i was just at mr. pets on commercial and they had ferret hoodies !!! makes me want a ferret but my dog would eat it :(

my dog won a contest for this photo of her:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, feeding cat food to ferrets will cause issues, doesn't matter on the brand. Ferrets are even more carnivorous then cats. My two girls were on Eagle Pak cat food before I got them and they were in rough shape!

The Evo Ferret has been doing great for them, that being said I've read a couple things about feeding raw (Thawed mouse) and that there's nothing better for a ferret; makes sense...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Boo is really cute Atom! Good pics!

This is Smudge, who turned 10 this year. I've had him since about 6 weeks old too :)

Baby pic:

And size comparison now:

And I know you said non-aquatic, but these guys are only mostly aquatic :p
Ralpheal:

Frankie:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Diesel as a baby then all grown up :)

High on KittyCrack

My dog Max isn't doing too well lately :( He's 14 now and I'm noticing major changes in his health and behaviour :( He's really boney and sleeps alot then yesterday while giving him a bath I noticed a soft lump on his leg about the size of a small plum. Im going to moniter it for a few days and take him in if it gets doesn't go away or gets bigger.

They love eachother :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the last picture of Diesel!!!!

Sorry to hear about Max. I had a dog that got a lump on his leg as well. It ended up the size of a baseball and opened up, she ended up dying from it, she was only 6 :(

That being said, my family's dog also has a lump on her leg right now, however it's just a fat deposit and completely harmless (according to their vet).

Good luck with Max.

·
Registered
308 Posts
thank you. I was reading up on it and it does seem quite common for them to appear on dogs legs. a few sites said usually if its soft and squishy its nothing to worry about. it looks like Max's has gone down a little since yesterday but im still going to keep a very very close eye on it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Aww! I'd seen adult Diesel, but baby Diesel is even cuter! I like that first pic of Max. Hope the lump is nothing too serious.

Atom - I'm pretty sure Smudge is trying to hypnotize me in that pic :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
I posted before about Max's lump on his leg. I just looked over at him on his bed and lots of blood is comming out of it....theres a huge pile of blood on his bed and when i touch the lump more comes out

I called the vet and we have an app't for 5pm but wondering if anyone knows what it could be???? He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all and is pretty content

1 - 20 of 22 Posts